Posted over 1 year ago
Do you live and breathe great user experience, have awesome technical chops, love solving problems and relish variety? If so, Atlassian has a great opportunity for you.
This unique and self-running opportunity as an intern will give your career a head start with great support from a non-traditional entrepreneurial team and experience in steering the direction of our products. You will gain experiences in: conducting customer and partner interviews that translate insight into action, reviewing tech specs for completeness and accuracy, researching and presenting competitive analysis and new market/product opportunities, among other projects.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats while designing creative solutions to our customer's greatest challenges. We promise you'll never be bored!
Apply for our Summer 2019 intern program and start an awesome career!
Applicants must have Australian citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or NZ citizenship at time of application.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Be able to commit to a 12 week full-time (40hrs / week) internship from late November 2019 until late February 2020 ( We may be able to flex on this slightly if your course timetable does not allow for a 12 week placement during this timeframe).
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in Computer Science or other related technical field and graduating by January 2021.
- Have a passion for analysing products, customer needs, and market dynamics
- Have an interest in translating customer insights into actionable deliverables for our engineering teams
- Be able to think from multiple perspectives, including our customers and development teams
- Deep understanding of the value of collaboration and teamwork
It's great but not required if you have;
- Entrepreneurial experience in any domain
- Internship experience in software or consulting
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of software development
- An understanding of what constitutes good design, either through design/UI work of your own or working with designers in a team
- Experience driving decisions in the face of ambiguity and change
More about our team
Youll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work, learn, and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are big believers in lean (which means we dont do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to determine whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our users experienceno matter what.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.