Posted 5 months ago
Do you live and breathe the user experience? Do you love solving tough problems, and thrive on variety? Atlassian is currently seeking interns to join our growing UX Research team in Sydney.
More about our team
You'll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work, learn, and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are big believers in lean' (which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to figure out whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our user's experience no matter what.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or NZ citizenship at time of application.
As a UX Research Intern at Atlassian, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of research methodologies from qualitative to quantitative, and work across the entire research lifecycle.
- Be a part of an international and highly skilled research team - an extremely rare opportunity in Sydney.
- Gain valuable exposure to the design and product development process by working with multidisciplinary agile teams, including product managers, designers and engineers.
- Get experience with the operations of scaling research in a fast-paced, international organisation
On your first day, we'll expect the following;
- Commitment to a 12 week full-time (40hrs / week) internship from late November 2019 until late February 2020 ( We may be able to flex on this slightly if your course timetable does not allow for a 12 week placement during this timeframe).
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program and graduating by January 2021.
- Have a real passion for user-centred design
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team
- Have demonstrated some experience conducting and analysing research
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.