Posted about 1 year ago
Account ExecutiveJob Description:
Scope of the position
To help grow the SUSE UK business by driving maximum revenue and customer satisfaction primarily from new accounts in the SAP space by a combination of selling directly to the end customer and fulfilment indirectly through our established channel partner model.
Place in the organization
This position reports into the UK&I Sales Director in the SUSE sales organization and is located in Bracknell, UK.
Description of position
As a member of the UK sales team, the Account Executive will be responsible for expanding sales of SUSE’s product lines.
This is to be achieved by developing, negotiating and closing complex technology-based solutions that address clients’ business requirements. The main focus is on a number of mid-market accounts who are identified as SAP users..
The Account Executive (AE) will develop new relationships and partnerships with important corporate accounts across the UK Most sales will be fulfilled indirectly through our channel partners (distributors, resellers). As such, success in this position is measured by revenue and profit generation from named accounts.
- To exceed revenue targets on an ongoing monthly/quarterly/annual basis that generates a healthy profit contribution for SUSE.
- To maintain a pipeline of potential sales deals that is equal to minimal 3 x quota levels.
- To build SUSE’s image and reputation in targeted enterprise accounts.
- To provide a forecast representing demand that is accurate and achievable.
- To provide a detailed account plan for each major deal within the established format.
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of the company’s competitors and to use these to maximum advantage to sell the SUSE solutions and deliver real value to customers
- To promote sales successes in conjunction with Marketing. This includes provision of sales ―wins/loss‖ reference sites, case studies and testimonials
- To provide consistent and regular communication with other customer touching departments to ensure smooth operation
- Create best practice in business and contractual relationships within the targeted Accounts.
- To represent SUSE in a professional manner at all times and to ensure that the company’s interests are uppermost in all dealings and transactions.
- Revenue performance against target
- Pipeline development
- Prospect Management
- Proven new business sales experience in complex, high value enterprise software environment with the ability to find/create/progress/close business.
- The ability to work credibly at all levels including board and operational levels
- 100% Self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision
- A leverageable knowledge and network of partners and accounts, preferably in the high end of the market is an advantage but not a necessity - specific
- Experience in an open source environment is preferred
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- Team player and the maturity to understand how to work with and motivate individuals who make up the ―virtual team
- Ability to and experience with working with local partners
- Strong knowledge of the Kubernetes marketplace is important
- Demonstrable sales success and understanding of Application Delivery is importnat
- Proven professional presentation experience
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to leverage resource and support
- Independent and takes responsibility/ownership
- Willingness to listen and learn from others
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector
- Ability to ―think outside the box
- Energetic and hungry for success
- High integrity – makes and keeps commitments and knows how to build a long-term relationship with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Proven team player – knows what it is to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around him/her.
- Likes to build and grow business!!
- Travel within the UK as well as occasional travel throughout Europe and to the United States is expected.
SalesSUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status