Posted about 1 month ago
Superhero Accountant (Remote)
Denver, Colorado, United States · Accounting
As an Accountingprose Superhero Accountant, you will be responsible for keeping your clients’ financials up to date on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. This translates to reconciling bank/credit card accounts, entering accounts payable, entering accounts receivable, processing payroll, syncing software, and preparing month-end financial statements.
You will also be responsible for building trust and rapport with our clients through weekly emailed progress reports and impromptu video calls. In return you will gain mastery over the cloud accounting software that Accountingprose utilizes to perform work, which will help you grow your industry knowledge and advance your career in the age of automation and machine learning. Our goal is increase your relevancy and marketability, while making this a place that offers challenge, excitement, and insulation from industry changes (re: the accounting robots). If you decide to make Accountingprose your forever home (we hope you do!), your career path is yours to create.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Reconciling bank, credit card, loan, merchant accounts in Xero
- Posting one-time and repeating journal entries in Xero
- Entering and paying bills via Bill.com
- Entering receipts in ReceiptBank and syncing transactions to Xero
- Entering invoices in Xero and setting up payment reminders
- Processing and recording payroll via Gusto
- Calculating, preparing, and remitting single and multi-state sales tax returns
- Updating fixed asset schedules monthly (or when a client makes a big purchase)
- Syncing software or manually pulling reports from: Mindbody, Vagaro, Clio, ActionStep, TradeGecko, Shopify, Shopkeep, Clover, Square, Stripe, Paypal, and many other SaaS apps.
- Preparing and explaining month-end financial statements to small business owners and investors
Work Hours- Any 8 hours plus a lunch from 7am to 7pm Mountain Time. You will set your schedule when you begin working for us.
- Complete understanding of full cycle accounting with 2-3 year of hands on experience. You know what is happening behind the scenes when you are posting transactions and you can explain challenging accounting concepts to a novice.
- Intermediate software knowledge: Xero, QBO/QBD, Gusto, Hubspot, Teamwork, Slack, Box, ReceiptBank. Are some of these foreign? No worries! We provide in-depth training to build your skills.
- Ability to multitask but more excited about deep work. You will be working with a handful of clients (15-25/mo depending on the scope of work) but should be excited to work with deep focus for long stretches of time without toggling back and forth.
- A spreadsheet wizard, able to make sense of lots of information. Vlookups and pivot tables experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills. Nothing slips past you!
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Paid company holidays
- Paid sick days
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Company-supplied computer, second monitor, and internet allowance
- 3% Simple IRA Salary Match
- Work from wherever you want- we are totally virtual (though we only hire people authorized to work in the US)
- Awesome people to work alongside of