Posted 10 months ago
Accounting Lead (remote)
- (Multiple states)
- Part Time to Full Time
- Mid Level
In addition to applying through our website, please call us & leave a voicemail at 415.737.5592 letting us know why you are perfect for this position. Candidates who do not leave a message will not be considered.
WHO WE ARE
Stride is an outsourced finance, accounting and HR services company that helps business owners achieve financial freedom. We provide a broad range of back office services with an emphasis on automation and data analytics to unlock efficiency and actionable insight to drive growth and profitability. Until November 2018, The Company had been operating for the last 15 years as Keeping Your Balance, a leading bookkeeping, HR and payroll services firm in San Francisco.
Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional team members care about our clients and strive to help them grow their businesses.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We work almost exclusively with fast-growing small business. From restaurants and early stage startups to professional service firms and non-profits, Stride provides a scalable accounting solution for high-growth companies.
POSITION: Accounting Lead
We are looking for experienced accounting specialists to join our growing team! Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital to ensure professional communication with clients. The successful candidate will possess not only the required technical skills, but an ability to provide service to our clients with a smile and a natural desire to go above and beyond expectations. This position has significant growth potential.
- Provide client-specific bookkeeping and accounting services including but not limited to:
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks Online, producing reports as requested
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements
- Administering payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance.
- Ensure that client requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Ensure that our service deliverables are accurate and meet client expectations
- Strong ability to meet deadlines & handle multiple assignments
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner, with initiative and exceptional follow-through
- Sound judgment, strong decision making skills & abundant common sense
- High attention to detail, organized, and assertive
- Self aware, comfortable knowing your own limits and when to ask for help
- High personal ethical standards
- Able to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures
- Eager to leverage technology for efficiency and progress
- Proven ability to manage time and work efficiently
- Prior experience working in a multi-client environment
- Friendly demeanor with a positive can-do spirit; takes pride in high-quality work
- 7+ years full-charge bookkeeping or accounting experience in a multi-client environment
- Experience providing A/R, A/P and payroll functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members and outside vendors verbally and in writing, providing the necessary follow up to ensure a great customer experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks software
- High level of general computer knowledge; comfortable learning new programs and tools
- Comfortable working in a virtual, paperless environment
- This position is remote (work-from-home). You will work from the location of your choice, in a distraction free environment.
- You will use your own equipment, which should include high-speed internet, PC with Windows 7 or newer and MS Office, webcam with microphone and speakers, and phone.
Travel requirements are infrequent. We typically have an annual in-person company-wide meeting.
- While work schedules can be flexible based on location, please note that all team members are required to work during our core business hours of 9am-2pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
We know that the most successful members of a team give their best when they are in an environment where they can thrive. That is what we are committed to at Stride. Stride offers a wide range of employee benefits for both part-time and full-time employees. Check out our Benefits Summary here