Posted about 1 year ago
At Stack Overflow
, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we're helping developers get answers to their questions or find new jobs, we build products that make millions of developers' lives better every day.
As the Accounting Manager, EMEA at Stack Overflow you'll be responsible for all of the day to day accounting functions of the UK and German entities. You will also develop and manage systems, processes, policies, and controls for the UK and Germany. You will be responsible for overseeing the compliance of daily and monthly accounting procedures for these two entities.
You will report directly to the Director of Accounting, based in NYC, and oversee the management and professional development of the Accounts Assistant in London.
What you'll do:
- Facilitate month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
- Liaise with external auditors and other external providers, assist with the preparation of audit files, schedules and other requested materials for the annual audit.
- UK and German Accounts Payable processing and payment, including employee expense reimbursement.
- Global AR management, including billing and collections inquiries.
- Process monthly payroll for UK and Germany.
- Assist with the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of internal controls.
- Maintain VAT tax records and prepare returns.
- Maintenance and recording of UK fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate numbers are produced for commissions on a monthly basis globally.
Nice to have:
- 2 –3 years experience as an Accounting Manager or Senior Accountant
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA etc)
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, detail oriented, work independently and a self-starter
- Experience processing payroll and related tax payments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Friendliness, patience, diplomacy, and adaptability
- Smart & Gets Things Done mentality
- Experience with Intacct, Netsuite or other mid-market accounting cloud-based software
What you'll get in return:
- German language proficiency
- SaaS or digital advertising experience preferred
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Stock Option Plan
- Great startup office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to £100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks and snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with a huge monitor, ergonomic chair and height-adjustable desks
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.