Posted 5 months ago
Are you an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist with a good sense of humor, a rock-solid work ethic, and love for detail? If so, weve got a home for you here in our Accounting team. Weve built a truly extraordinary team of Accounting professionals who take their jobs, but not themselves, seriously.
If you are looking to take your career to the next level at a dynamic company with world-class talent, we encourage you to join us. You're a great fit for this role if you're passionate about customer service, process improvement and problem solving. Some of your deliverables will include identifying and allocating customer payments in the order entry and accounting system, processing refunds and withholding tax forms, following up with customers regarding outstanding payments, assisting with bank reconciliations, and ensuring that all documentation is retrieved on sales orders in order comply with revenue recognition standards. You will also handle the core accounting responsibilities of Atlassian and hold high standards for processing transactions.
In this role:
- You will process all transactions settled by checks and bank transfers and be responsible for downloading bank statements
- You will need to identify and allocate payments both in the ordering system and in the accounting system for partners and customers
- You will be processing refunds and withholding tax forms
- You will need to set-up payments in the global banking platform
- You will be in charge of bank reconciliations, including gateway data reconciliation
- You will work closely with customers and partners to ensure all cash receipts are accounted for correctly
- You will be investigating unallocated payments and reconciliation of undeposited funds account
- You will perform customer collection procedures on outstanding receivables
- You will evaluate processes and will be initiating improvements to increase operational efficiency
- You will show your love for accounting and be open to other tasks that may be assigned to you
On your first day, we'll expect that:
- You have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- You have 2 to 3 years experience as an Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Your organizational skills are superb and your manage time well
- You have worked previously with a multinational company or BPO/Shared Services with local and global reporting requirements, preferably in a public company environment (SOX)
- You have strong system skills (MS Excel). Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, etc.) required.
- You are highly analytical and strategic emphasis on problem solving, automation, and constant improvement
More about our team
This role will be a member of the Atlassian Operations Accounting Team responsible for AR, Revenue, AP, GL, Fixed Assets, Prepaid and Accruals. In this role you will work with various members of the accounting team in addition to working closely with customer advocates, sales operations and support teams.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.