Alliance Partnership Account Manager
Alliance or Partner Sales, Business Development
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Global Partners and Alliances team is looking for an experienced Alliance Partnership Account Manager to join us. In this role, you will guide relationships with emerging global strategic partners. You’ll develop and carry out multi-year plans to grow revenue with these partners. Your primary focus will be the development of joint strategies and initiatives across Red Hat and the partners as well as the creation of go-to-market programs in support of these initiatives. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Build and carry out joint global business plans with clear goals, objectives, and metrics
- Promote bookings growth aligned with and in support of the growth plans of Red Hat’s business teams and regions
- Develop and carry out joint strategies with the partners to grow our joint business
- Guide partner investments in Red Hat’s technologies, solutions, skills, marketing, and go-to-market programs
- Effectively manage market development funds (MDF) to achieve results
- Build and manage executive relationships across key stakeholders at the partners and Red Hat
- Develop joint scalable solutions that address marketplace changes
- Develop and implement joint marketing and go-to-market programs with the partners to guide pipeline and sales
- Coordinate with other Red Hat’s alliance leaders and partners to guide 3-way partnering
- Support the field sales team in achieving their goals with partners on a global basis
- Oversee partner management, including contract negotiations, the development of strategic and mutually beneficial relationships, and the managing of collaborative programs
- Provide guidance to and work effectively across the Red Hat internal stakeholders, including field sales, product business, finance, legal, and business affairs teams
- Establish and maintain regular communication cadence with same stakeholder constituents
- 5+ years of experience in alliances or business development, managing global, industry-leading partner(s)
- Experience across multiple partner routes to market including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), resale, or cloud
- Demonstrated ability to apply personal knowledge, processes, and solutions selling strategies and methodologies to meet revenue growth objectives
- Proven leader with a record of guiding global, virtual teams and delivering results
- Relationship-focused with a solid executive presence and proven ability to build credibility with partner and internal executives
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, changing environment and make personal connections with technical-oriented people as well as C-level audiences
- Good planning and analytical skills; proven ability to apply these skills to complex situations with competing priorities
- Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand requirements and deliver solutions that meet expectations
- Highly collaborative work style with proven ability to gather consensus and take decisive and timely action
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- Experience conducting business in the U.S. and overseas in Europe, the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, and Latin America (LATAM) is a plus
- Knowledge of Red Hat, open source, Linux, middleware, and virtualization is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.