Posted 10 months ago
The Customer Success and Growth (CSG) organization at Salesforce is responsible for on-boarding, product usage, retention, engagement, training, customer support, professional services, and developing long-term relationships with Salesforce customers. The Analytics & Insights group in CSG creates data driven intelligence on customers' usage, adoption & attrition, which in turn is used to help customers find increased value of their product mixes. This role is hybrid of traditional jobs in strategic planning, business operations, reporting, and analysis requiring a mix of deep analysis, process optimization and business operational support.
We are looking for business analysts to be part of a high-performance team comprised largely of former management consultants; as a member of this group you will have immense opportunities to work on a broad cross section of technologies, analyzing data sets, creating reports and supporting business operations. You will play an important role in enabling data to empower business groups, formulate key strategies, segment customers, improve business processes like Renewals, Success services, Accelerators, Cloud Services etc through a data driven approach. The results of your work will help Salesforce customers be even more successful on the world's greatest customer success platform. Moreover, the position requires interaction with various areas of the organization and provides exposure to senior executives, requiring the ability to synthesize complex ideas and convey big-picture impacts.
- Proficient in querying, joining, and analyzing large, complex data sets using SQL
- Identify, maintain, and analyze the critical KPIs that drive CSG success, while partnering with leadership to develop strategies to attain targets for these KPIs
- Strong communicator who can present their data analysis/ findings in a clear and concise manner to executive audiences
- Very comfortable extracting data from a wide range of sources (excel, database etc) and develop insightful visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Troubleshoot data issues that impact business reporting and work with cross-functional teams to get them resolved quickly and/or propose changes to systems/ processes to fix root causes
- Perform data uploads and ad hoc reporting to address immediate business needs
- Apply a structured business process architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise
- Attention to detail, including documenting all analysis, results and data processes, which can be reused by the team
- Design the future state business process architecture to drive the maximum user experience, productivity and value to include process flow diagrams, heat maps, data flow diagrams
- Recognize areas for automation and develop requirements to facilitate such automation
- Be a strong team player who thrives in a diverse global team that traverses across Program teams, Success Community, Support, IT, Finance, and Governance
- Be passionate about quality and have a strong sense of ownership on the work accomplished
- Have a high sense of urgency to respond to critical business questions
- Analyst 2-3 years of experience/ Sr. Analyst 3-5 years of management consulting, business operations, or business analyst experience, with a focus on data & insights, services tools, process automation and/or continuous process improvement
- Have a BS in Information Systems, Economics, or other quantitative field
- At least 2 years experience in writing complex database queries in SQL
- At least 2 years of experience performing business analysis, to include process, data capture, reporting and analysis of hypothesis
- Proficient in MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) with the ability to manipulate, extract, analyze and report data
- Capable of developing robust "data narratives" to convey complex data-driven concepts in palettable format for multiple audiences
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Familiarity with CRM and data management
- Experience with any analytics/ reporting tools like Einstein Analytics, Tableau, etc is preferable
- Exposure and understanding of web technologies, relational databases, data warehousing and ETL tools
- Experience working with Global team in multiple locations is highly desirable
- Strong situational analysis, negotiation and decision-making abilities.
- Salesforce experience/ certification is a huge plus but not required
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.