Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is seeking an Application Practice Director to join the Solution & Technology Practice leadership team. In this role, you'll provide direction for numerous teams delivering unique Red Hat value proposition solutions while continuing to innovate upon successes. You will be working as part of the Solution & Technology Practice, managing a set of Practice Leads for the targeted Application Practices to drive thought leadership and build out services-led solutions, and support complex client delivery. The developed solutions can be innovations off of our core solutions or new innovations, and need to be aligned with clients and the consulting group’s needs as well as cross functionally aligned with internal stakeholders including sales, the business units, support, engineering and training/enablement. The Director will also work closely with the regional consulting leadership team to achieve the organization’s business objectives measured by services bookings, revenue, and margin/utilization targets.
- Manage the Application Practice in North America by:
- Manage and lead teams made up of a Practice Lead, Architects, and Consultants focused on a diversified and changing Application Development, Business Automation, Enterprise Integration, and Container technology portfolio
- Identifying key projects where the Application Practice team can provide added value with new services approach and methodology
- Responsible for meeting the regional consulting team business objectives, including team billable utilization levels to meet financial targets and successful client delivery
- Managing all the back-office tasks to ensure visibility and reporting on team activities
- Maintaining any necessary customer contact until project is completed. Act as escalation point for customer, and represent customers within the Solution & Technology Practice and Red Hat regional teams
- Drive services thought leadership and business success through cross functional alignment with sales, business units, engineering, support, and enablement/training.
- Work with Solution Specialist Sales leadership to integrate and improve customer pursuit approaches, track and report on business progress, and align capacity with expected demand.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships and persistent bi-directional communications with Business Unit leadership to ensure consulting preparedness for evolving product strategies, and to provide invaluable customer experience and feedback to the BU to improve product direction.
- Leverage customer and market experience to constantly improve training and enablement programs and materials so that they best apply to consulting needs.
- Development and enablement of services methodology, best practices and technical content on next generation infrastructure management and operations, and emerging products that result in high customer satisfaction and supportability:
- Enable the greater customer, internal, and partner teams with proven Application focused service methodologies, technology skills, and approach.
- Guide and mentor to provide consistent and reusable delivery methodologies, with a focus on Cloud Native Application Development on Containers and long-term supportability
- Support the enablement organization around the Application technologies and emerging solutions
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in the management of a professional services team including customer facing skills with highly technical associates
- Strong knowledge and operational experience on new services methodologies related to next generation application development and containers as well as Agile and DevOps
- Competence to quickly embrace and understand new technologies; ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Background in architecting and designing complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- 8+ years of experience in a Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect or Architect consulting delivery role
- Proven track record of working in a strategic advisory capacity to senior IT operations and engineering professionals, and business executives.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with distributed cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Strong balance of strategic and tactical skills, with a high level of intellectual agility, problem solving and original thought
- Comfortable working with distributed teams, including interaction with the Open Source communities via Email and chat platforms such as Google Hangouts & IRC
- Passion for Open Source, software, development, tooling, and automation
- Willingness to travel weekly to client locations throughout the United States and Canada