Posted about 1 year ago
- Create solutions on top of NetSuite platform. Resolve development / troubleshooting solution issues and get final delivery done according to time constraints. Participate in developing the overall design and implementation of custom structures, codes, searches and reports.
- Translate user requirements into technical solutions. Understand the needs of key internal customers to deliver great products and tools that would help internal NetSuite departments effectively drive their business and meet their organizational needs.
- Work on problems of varying complexity where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Evaluate situations using multiple sources of information; information required may not be easy to access or may require further research.
- Manage backlog and prioritize product enhancements and critical requests by making smart, decisive trade-offs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Provide occasional support to new team members. Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other team members. Represent the team in global meetings.
- Work is reviewed at regular intervals for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy of meeting objectives.
- 4+ years of experience in software development or related position.
- A solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and product management processes.
- Familiarity with general programming languages, design patterns, and related concepts. Experience building web-based applications is preferred. Experience with metadata driven architecture or role-based access control is a plus.
- Excellent prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning backlog and road map to achieve business goals while making difficult trade-off decisions.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently and make convincing arguments for the direction of the products.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track record for building products with exceptional user experience.
- Excellent communication. A track record of successfully working with a combination of local and remote development, QA, and technical writing team to deliver quality products.
- Strong organizational skills: task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification and mitigation.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
- Computer Science or similar degree; or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.