Posted about 1 year ago
Products and Technology
Job DetailsThe Compute & Storage Architect owns the lifecycle of domain roadmaps, which are developed through collaboration, are based on data driven measurements and align with our business objectives. The Architect is a strategic thinker and technologist who is instrumental in transforming how IT services are leveraged to support company growth. The Platform Engineering organization is responsible for deploying new capabilities within infrastructure and enterprise applications to Salesforce employees. You will have a user group of 40,000+ Salesforce employees and business partners relying on your strategic designs.
This role is responsible for driving compute and storage strategy, architecture, and roadmaps that will enable future public and private cloud capabilities (e.g virtualization, containers, automation, configuration management, serverless, SAN, NAS, cloud-native storage, etc.). The ideal candidate should have proven experience with migrating, architecting, building, and testing compute and storage within the public cloud, specifically AWS along with experience with the design and implementation of containers and microservices in a scalable yet cost-efficient manner in both the private and public cloud space.
- Work within a team of architects in developing our architectural practice around roadmaps, frameworks, reference architectures, and artifacts.
- Work with Enterprise Architects, Product Owners and other Solution Architects to align on strategic direction, translate business requirements into your roadmaps and participate in planning how roadmaps will be realized.
- Seek consensus from subject matter experts before making key architectural decisions in technology, processes, and people topics.
- Participate with engineering leads in the design process to insure that detailed designs adhere to and are consistent with the target architecture.
- Lead evaluate of next generation technologies by conducting RFI, RFP, and POCs.
- Perform an annual update of the vision, values, methods, obstacles, and measures (V2MOM) for Compute & Storage domains.
- Conduct a quarterly update of the Compute & Storage technology roadmap.
- Participate in business partner and vendor product roadmap development as a method of realizing our vision.
- Participate in the architecture community of practice, BT technology talks, external events, conferences, and customer briefings.
- Research & develop new technologies to support the company growth (e.g. automation, serverless, containers, stateless, DevOps, etc.)
- Partner with other Architects as an Evangelist for DevOps, Automation, Agile/Lean, etc.
- Experience building and configuring enterprise compute, cloud storage, and data protection technologies to support large-scale (2000+) virtualization/cloud platforms.
- Hands on experience in designing, implementing, optimizing and managing global enterprise and cloud compute and storage including block/SAN, file/NAS, object (e.g. Ceph), and cloud-native storage (e.g. S3, EFS, FSx, etc.).
- Experience with server virtualization platforms such as VMWare.
- Expert level experience in either Linux or Windows OS and knowledge in the other.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (i.e. Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.).
- Experience with deployments at scale for bare metal, container, and serverless workloads.
- Experience with transitioning from monolithic to microservices architecture.
- Proven experience with design and implementation of container technologies.
- Working knowledge infrastructure system services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SSH, SYSLOG, SSL, etc).
- Experience in designing and implementing disaster recovery in private and public clouds.
- Ability to code/script in any administrative language (i.e. Python, PowerShell, Bash).
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Be a thought leader in the architecture space, leading efforts to define, advocate, and present solutions that meet customer requirements and ultimately deliver business value.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interface with internal customers and establish strong, collaborative partnerships with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and executives.
- Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture.
- A self-starter who inspires others with their work ethic and drive.
- The ability to mentor, foster and instill architectural and engineering principals, skills, and practices
- Skilled in applying strategic planning and design thinking
- B.S. Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience.
- 11 years+ experience in an engineering role and 3+ years as an solutions architect in a global company
- Experience with ITIL, ITSM, TOGAF, or other similar frameworks.
- Experience working in Agile / Devops organization
- One or more related domain-specific industry certifications such as RHCA, AWS Solutions Architect-Professional, SCSA (SNIA Certified Storage Architect), TOGAF, ITIL, SCRUM, etc.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.