Posted over 1 year ago
Artificial Intelligence Technical Lead
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom (preferred);
Linaro was established in June 2010 by six founding corporate members, and now has over 30 members and approximately 300 engineers world-wide. Linaro leads open source software collaboration in the Arm ecosystem, ranging from datacenter to edge computing and networking, IoT client devices and smartphones.
The Linaro joint collaboration focuses on identifying and addressing gaps/optimizations in the ARM software ecosystem, enabling SoC support upstream and making the Arm architecture a first class open source citizen on par with other architectures in the most relevant open source projects.
Linaro is involved in a major initiative around Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide the best in class Deep Learning experience by leveraging Neural Network acceleration in IP and SoCs from the Arm ecosystem through collaborative integration in the most widely adopted AIL software frameworks and libraries.
We are seeking a candidate to lead this highly technical effort from architecting technical solutions through to coaching upstream development practices. The Technical Leader is responsible for all technical aspects of the Linaro AI team as well as daily operational leadership of a team of talented software engineers from multiple companies. Other responsibilities will include having a leadership role within the open source community, participating at various forums to represent Linaro as a subject matter expert, interfacing with Linaro members in order to provide them technical leadership, and interfacing with the other Linaro technical teams to drive requirements and review implementation.
The candidate shall be experienced in the main deep learning frameworks (Caffe, Caffe2, MXNet, Tensorflow, Torch, etc.), the key trained model description formats (ONNX, NNEF) and hardware abstraction API’s (GPU, DSP, Android NNAPI, Android NN HAL, Linux NN). A bonus would be experience with the Arm architecture, Arm NN or CMSIS-NN.
A key tenant for the role is experience in upstreaming code, posting patches up to acceptance through successful technical discussion as well as social engineering with open source community maintainers. The candidate may already be a maintainer of an open source project.
In addition, the candidate shall have experience with Continuous Integration, performance assessment and regression testing through benchmarks as well as representative real-life use cases and test suites.
The desired individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position in addition to the discipline to drive execution and follow established fundamental engineering processes. The candidate will lead a team of ten or more engineers in addition to his/her technical tasks.
Travel: International travel is required for approximately 1 week duration up to 4 times per year to attend Linaro Connect events as well as engineering sprints or public conferences in North America, Europe and Asia (especially China).
- Demonstrated senior engineering management responsible for a team working in Linux, operating system and/or open source software
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in AI/Machine Learning
- Experience in deploying trained models with Caffe and Tensorflow
- Experience in scientific computational libraries, FFT, BLAS, Eigen, Sparse
- Experience in compiler technology, GCC, LLVM
- Experience in performance evaluation and benchmarking
- Experience in continuous integration
- Familiarity with server systems and cloud architecture
- Familiarity with product delivery including Agile release methodology
- Familiarity with open source tools, culture and processes
- Comfortable with online communication and collaboration such as mailing lists, wiki and phone conferences
- Experience working with the Arm and open-source communities is highly desirable
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to give presentations and answer questions in a conference session environment
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers