Posted 3 months ago
Assistant Accountant - Switzerland
An opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Accountant to support our Swiss business as part of the European Finance Team at Signature Flight Support European Headquarters in Luton. As you will be dealing with customers and clients in Switzerland, candidates should have business level French.
The role will report into the Switzerland Finance Manager and will be responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable General Ledger management, and other support tasks as required.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the timely and effective collection of all customer debts.
- Capture all bank transactions and match customer receipts to outstanding invoices.
- Resolve all issues raised internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Maintain strong relationships with all clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Provide customer account status updates to internal departments.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Timely reporting of potential bad debts and slow debtor payments.
- Send out monthly client statements/letters.
- Ensure monthly transaction processing deadlines are met as required.
- Capture daily fuel transactions from relevant source documents.
- Reconcile fuel stock daily and investigate fuel gains/losses.
- Capture and post fuel stock received in Sage.
- Capture accounts payable invoices on AP Ledger
- Prepare supplier reconciliations as required, from time to time.
- Prepare payments files and request disbursements.
- Process all bank statement transactions.
- Process credit notes.
- Analyse and process company credit card transactions.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, and identify risks and opportunities.
- Petty cash reconciliations and cash replenishment when required.
- Month-end close procedures for all sub-ledgers.
- Assist Finance Manager with ad hoc accounting work.
- Support Finance Manager with month-end and year-end close process.
- Support with year-end audit requests
- Fluent English & French speaker.
- Proven work experience as an accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and finance principles and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Swiss Tax laws.
- 3-year Degree in Accounting or similar.
- Good with numbers and an analytical acumen.
- Good knowledge of MS Office. Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP/Sage).
- Professional and respectful behaviour.
- Organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Teamworking ability.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who demonstrates ownership of the tasks and objectives of the department
- Confidence to build relationships with customer base.
Who Are We?
We provide VIP services to business and private aircraft customers. They land their aircraft with us and we do everything we can to deliver a truly exceptional service …we don't just aim to please, at Signature we aim to exceed all expectations and offer a truly 5-star experience. We are a global Company and part of a FTSE 250 listed plc, Signature Aviation. In our EMEA region we have multiple locations – London, Milan, Paris, Luton, Manchester, Cape Town and Athens to name a few. Our local culture is focused on amazing delivery to the customer, business and personal growth – whilst having fun of course! We have a diverse customer base and see the upmost benefits of a diverse workforce; therefore, we are committed to continuing to be an equal opportunities employer.
Salary and benefits will be discussed at the interview stage.