Posted 10 months ago
Associate Customer Support Manager
As Skillshare’s Associate Customer Support Manager, you’ll play an integral role in building out our customer support program by overseeing our global support staff and empowering them to deliver an amazing experience to our community. In this role, you’ll manage the day-to-day for a team of 15 remote support agents, create new systems and processes to track quality and scale efficiency, and develop and facilitate trainings for the team to ensure ongoing growth and engagement.
The ideal candidate for this role has prior experience providing exceptional support in a customer-facing role, enjoys coaching and mentoring others on best practices they’ve learned, and is excited about building out new programs from the ground up to help our team succeed.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a support team of 15 distributed email support agents, ensuring quality interactions through a ticket QA program and closely monitoring volume and response times
- Develop and facilitate onboarding and trainings, from handling simple solutions to advanced technical troubleshooting
- Act as the primary point of escalation for support agents to ask questions, get support on difficult cases, and share feedback
- Drive other projects for the support team as needed, such as optimizing support flows, improving help center content and more
Why we’re excited about you:
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role: You know how to provide fantastic customer support and are well-versed in the tools, tricks, and technology of a high-performing Customer Support team.
- Passion for customer experience: We are looking for someone who believes that customer support plays a major role in user retention and brand credibility. You believe in going above and beyond for the customer and are passionate about delivering an exemplary experience.
- Leadership ability: You enjoy mentoring others, and can speak to experience as a leader on your team. You’ll be the main point of contact for our distributed team, and coach them through onboarding, ongoing training, and regular feedback.
- Operational skills: You love building new systems and processes, and are comfortable taking initiative to roll them out.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: Our Customer Support team is growing quickly as we scale as a company. You’ll play an important role in creating processes that determine the future of our team.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats, prep us for scale, and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.