Posted 5 months ago
Associate Manager - Strategic Keynote Events
San Francisco, CA
Are you ready to join the #SalesforceOhana? You could be a Salesforce Keynote
Events Team Member if:
You are a Self-Starter.
- You are self-motivated, when you see something that needs to be done, you step
in. You take initiative, anticipate needs and work to proactively address them.
You have a "can do" attitude.
- What gets you fired up is planning, production, and execution for worldwide
keynote events! You will create and coordinate event logistics, documentation,
showflows, event timelines, speaker and executive communication, budgets and
other critical materials. You're flexible with travel and want to contribute to the
success of an event willing to do whatever it takes. You can run with little to no
direction in highstake environments while working with executives.
You're passionate about new technology.
- You're hungry for new ways to do things. You follow the latest trends and have a
desire to learn new technologies to improve current processes. You're a master
with creating Google Docs, organizing shared Google folders, are experimenting
with the benefits of Quip, and can speak to the Marketing impact of social
applications such as Twitter.
You have a learner mindset.
- You love to learn new things and people are impressed with how quickly you
learn. You are always willing to tackle something new and aren't afraid to ask
You're even more passionate about people.
- This position demands exceptional communication and collaboration skills, as
you will need to work closely with various marketing teams, outside agencies and
our senior executives.
You play well with others.
- We are a supportive team and are proud of each other and our
accomplishments. You are someone who thrives in this type of collaborative
environment. You bring a unique point of view to the table, and bring out the best
in your team. You solicit feedback on your own work and add value to others'
work. You have fun, and don't sweat the small stuff.
You're an innovator.
- You can't wait to contribute to the innovation of keynote experiences through
best practice documentation, team collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
Does this sound like you? If so, you're someone we want to work with!
As a member of the Keynote Events team, you will support the strategy and
execution of innovative keynote production events that drive awareness for
Salesforce. You must possess excellent communication skills, outstanding attention
to detail, proven talent in managing high-visibility events, unshakable nerves, and
an unrestrained desire to master and contribute to the best practices of what has
madeSalesforce events so press worthy.
- Participate in the planning, production, and execution for worldwide keynote
events by creating and coordinating event logistics documentation, showflows,
event timelines, speaker and executive communications, budgets and other
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent event
teams from delivering on goals. Define mitigation strategy and backup plans as
- Understand the Salesforce brand and product positioning with the ability to
ensure consistent, on-brand messaging through all keynote events.
- Bachelor's degree, with 4-6 years event management OR project management
- Exceptional project and time management skills - highly organized, detail
focused, results-driven, and accountable.
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills, as well as superb listening
skills, with an ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to a
variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive work independently, working with
deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a solid ability to deal professionally with senior
executives, vendors, and team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel 40-50%.
- Strong IT skills with a desire to learn new technologies to improve current
processes. In-depth experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
and Google Drive.
- Software-as-a-Service experience (SaaS) / cloud computing
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.