Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Platform Support Delivery team is looking for an Associate Manager to join us in Denver, CO. In this role, you will become a part of the technical support leadership team and help with translating the goals and strategies of the Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team into scalable architectures that provide outstanding business value and user experience to our customers. You'll also manage a team of technical support engineers, helping them meet customer-centric organizational goals. Additionally, you’ll recommend and implement support workflows and allocate engineers to troubleshoot and solve enterprise customer issues. As an Associate Manager, you’ll need to be able to foster cooperation among a diverse group of support engineers and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Oversee technical support activities, ensure customer satisfaction, and support regional business goals in Red Hat's Denver technical support center
- Serve as the subject matter expert for technical support activities; define policies and processes of the team and deliver results in accordance with these
- Manage, recruit, train, and develop regional technical support team
- Work closely with the regional field sales and services teams throughout the customer engagement life cycle; ensure that customer commitments match service capabilities and contractual obligations
- Connect regional technical support service goals with delivery mechanisms, including strategic decisions associated with support center location and partnering strategies
- Manage the collection, aggregation, interpretation, and reporting of organizational performance metrics to be used by management and operational leaders to guide strategic business decisions
- Provide input and guidance on corporate activities that impact service delivery within the region, including infrastructure decisions, program definition, pricing decisions, support policies, etc.
- 2+ years of people management experience in a technical support, software development, system engineering, or technical services delivery organization
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering or computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Detailed understanding of open source software solutions, specifically enterprise Linux and Java technologies
- Ability to collaborate effectively with associates from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Capacity to translate, communicate, and carry out strategic plans
- Ability to connect with and lead teams through rapid change while maintaining a focus on carrying out strategic initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and time management skills
- Commitment to customer service and providing the best experience possible to customers
- Experience leading technical support teams in multiple locations
- Experience with service delivery, especially in a complex software environment
- Experience promoting significant change management activities
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.