Posted about 1 year ago
We are looking for a very passionate Intern to help support the Atlassian Foundation from our office in the center of Amsterdam. If you are passionate about giving back and have affinity with the Atlassian Foundation objectives, then this role could be a good match for you. The Foundation Team is a dynamic, passionate and fun-loving team, located in Sydney, Adelaide, San Francisco, New York, and Manila, but it is supported locally by a team of people in each of our offices that help drive key objectives and initiatives next to their full time day-to-day activities.
More about you
You are passionate about giving back to society, have a strong sense of ownership, and know how to get $#^% done! Ideally we are looking for a person with an academic background in corporate social responsibility and whilst finishing of his/her studies would like to gain some hands on working experience. Apart from supporting our local team with executing their local activities, you will also work on a more strategic level to support our global objectives. The role would be for at least 1 semester/ 6 months and if successful can be extended for another semester.
The Atlassian Foundation has big, bold goals and we need a bold and passionate advocate to engage our European based Atlassians, and carry out our activities in this area. Youll be sparking initiatives, ramping-up employee engagement, and supporting growth of education related programs and our partnerships with NGOs throughout Europe.
Specifically, some of the initiatives you will be working include:
- Support the Amsterdam Foundation Council by building a pipeline of volunteering
- Assist the Amsterdam Foundation Council manage corporate partnership with local
- non-profit organisations.
- Engaging Amsterdam based Atlassians in Foundation activities
- Being the first point of contact for all external requests for Foundation assistance
- Help onboarding new employees into Foundation related activities
- Help drive engagement in Pledge 1% activities in AMS
- More about the Atlassian Foundation
- We created the Atlassian Foundation with the vision of helping make the world better. As a company, we contribute 1% of annual profits, 1% of employee time, and 1% of company equity to the foundation.
- Within the Atlassian Foundation we focus on three key areas:
- Educate - we strive to positively influence the lives of 10 million disadvantaged youth in 10 years time with all of the education programs we (co)support.
- Enlist - we encourage all employees to join our Dollar a Day program to co-support our education goals and to also actively give back to a charity of their choice with Atlassian matching their donations of up to $1,000 a year.
- Energise - we actively drive giving back to society by providing each employee with 5 working days a year so that they can provide their skills to a local non-profit. As an intern, your primary focus will be in helping the Foundation achieve our goals in the key area.
- Be enrolled in a full-time Bachelors or Masters program in a Dutch University for the entire period of the internship
- Be able to commit to a part-time (24 hours/week) employment for 6 months with view to extension for another semester
- Be available to start your internship on July 1st, 2019
- Be available to commute to and from our Amsterdam office in your own expenses (commuting costs not covered)
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.