Posted about 2 months ago
We are looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer/SysAdmin to monitor, manage, improve, and scale our AWS environment, and to work closely with the development team to streamline our development and release pipeline.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a high level of attention to detail, is comfortable asking questions, enjoys working with talented colleagues, and has an interest in analytics and data visualization.
- Standard Linux systems administration tasks (performance tuning, back-up and recovery, monitoring, troubleshooting, installations, patches and upgrades, security, automation)
- Management of dev, test, and production environments with configuration management (Ansible, Packer)
- AWS specific tasks (EC2, S3, RDS PostgreSQL/MySQL, VPC, Cloudformation, AutoScaling, CodeDeploy, ECS/EKS, cost management, etc.)
- Management of our Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- Management of remote access for our distributed team (AWS VPC, OpenVPN, SSH)
- Assisting with management of cloud data lake platform (Presto, Hadoop, Hive)
- Working with development team to expand/improve our CI/CD processes and environments
- Some on-call/after hours work required as-needed for upgrades, maintenance, migrations, etc.
Our team members can live and work anywhere in the United States or Canada. This is a part-time, 15-20 hours per week position.
Skills & Requirements:
- Expert Linux systems administration skills (5+ years of experience)
- Expert AWS administration skills (2+ years of experience)
- Experience managing PostgreSQL
- Experience building and installing packages from source
- Experience with Bash and Python scripting
- Experience with at least one config management tool (Ansible or Saltstack preferred)
- Understanding of CI/CD best practices and tooling
- Experience with containers, container orchestration, and cloud data lakes a plus
- Must work well independently
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
We look forward to receiving your application.
SimplyAnalytics is a B2B SaaS mapping, visualization, and data analytics application that makes it easy for anyone to create interactive maps, charts, and reports using 100,000+ data variables. With SimplyAnalytics, users can identify target locations, map the competition, track how places change over time, and identify where to market products. We are passionate about creating outstanding software, and we believe in automated testing, continuous integration, and code review.