Posted over 1 year ago
SemanticBits is seeking an Azure DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of a range of projects. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Azure, Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy applications in the healthcare and life sciences domains. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that can handle hundreds of thousands of users. This is a remote position.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
We are looking for an Azure DevOps Engineer who is well versed in the following key technologies:
* Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on Azure
* Experience with the majority of Azure Virtual Machines, Scale Sets, Container Registry, Database, DNS, VPN, Firewall, Load Balancer, and Active Directory.
* Hands-on understanding of virtualization and experience with Docker
* Deep, hands-on experience with Windows and Linux and administration
* Expertise with production deployments, and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
* Experience automating cloud infrastructure, such as with Azure Blueprints
* Expertise with cloud security, such as managing users, roles, and privileges through AD
* Expertise with provisioning tools, such as Ansible
* Expertise with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform
* Experience managing Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred
* Experience deploying and managing a wide range of components that support web applications, such a nginx, Apache http, git, scripting (bash, Perl, Python, etc.), databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
* Generous base salary
* Three weeks of PTO
* Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
* Education and conference reimbursement
* 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
* 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
* 100% paid life insurance
* Casual working environment
* Flexible office hours
* New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.