Posted 4 months ago
Back-End Developer – Job Description
WeaveUp is seeking an experienced back-end focused Rails developer to build and improve our SaaS platform. This position will be focused on making our REST API flexible and robust as we continue to grow our application and client base.
Our cutting-edge cloud-based software applications bring innovation to the textile and design industries. As an industry leader, we empower companies to maximize the potential of the digital printing revolution. Our team works with top tier clients in various verticals, including apparel, interior design, and major retail. WeaveUp runs on a Ruby on Rails back-end API that is consumed by a web interface and connected to digital printing facilities. Our unique end-to-end digital textile platform includes proprietary modules that support image upload, automatic color separation, in-browser image customization, and print room automation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will build robust, scalable applications in Ruby on Rails to support the growth of the WeaveUp website
- Wants to collaborate with the team to plan and develop new features
- Will improve code quality by writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- Has least three years of experience with back-end development
- Enjoys working on a close-knit team, has the ability to pivot quickly, and do the hard work to help the team meet their goals of creating a great customer experience
Bonus points if you have:
- The experience needed to build and improve a REST/JSON API, and help the team integrate with third-party APIs
- Experience with Image Processing
- A willingness to contribute outside of your prescribed job duties
- A desire to be a part of an Agile team - adapting to change and continuously learning
- You’ll get to work on a product with demonstrated value for customers, and take it to the next level.
- We have a culture that values productivity, accountability, and communication over politics and process where you are encouraged to think outside of the box.
- We have worked hard to build and maintain a tight-knit, supportive team where everyone feels comfortable and included.
- Our management team is committed to supporting each individual, fostering talent, and allowing room for growth.
- Flexible vacation policy that allows you to take time off when you need it.
We are building a team in Durham, NC as well as a distributed team. You can work from anywhere in the US for this role. We offer competitive pay, solid benefits, and equity.
How to Apply:
Click Apply to send an email to the hiring manager that includes:
- Your resume with contact information
- Cover Letter (optional but encouraged so we can learn more about you)
- Any professional links (Github, LinkedIn, Portfolio)
- We would love to respond to every applicant, however, due to the large number of applications our team receives, we are unable to do so. Your resume will be reviewed by our team, and we will contact you soon should we feel that your background meets our current needs.