Posted about 1 month ago
We’re looking for an Backend/Data Engineer who will specialize in building scalable, secure web application API's, micro-services, and data streaming systems for a B2B SaaS platform using Go, gRPC, Kakfa, and more.
If you are passionate about building backend technology in a collaborative startup environment with high level of ownership, and are looking to create a robust and scalable backend services platform from the ground up, we would love to talk to you.
- Design, develop, and support secure backend data services, API’s, and streaming data pipelines for our web application.
- Design machine learning training experiments, incorporate quality monitors, and ship successful models to production.
- Collaborate with the team to translate user stories and business requirements into production-grade solutions.
- Document your design and the systems you help build.
- Participate in peer reviews and help set standards for code, testing, and documentation.
- Build and maintain highly effective automated test suites to ensure quality.
Skills & Requirements
- 5-7+ yrs experience designing, building and shipping production software.
- Experience or strong interest in data streaming with Kafka; ETL and workflow management with Airflow; databases and search engines like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization best practices to secure a distributed microservices architecture.
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects is a plus.
- Understanding of machine learning fundamentals and familiarity with ML libraries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both technical and non-technical topics.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members.