Posted over 1 year ago
Fold is here to bring Bitcoin to everyone! We’re building the payments stack for a new economy—
one that puts privacy and Bitcoin within reach of every shopper. We're looking for a software engineer experienced with Python-centered technologies to help us build products enabling the spending and earning of cryptocurrency in the real world! Two of our most recent products are ln.pizza
You will be responsible for designing and building new backend APIs to support new product offerings, along with maintaining our existing infrastructure. You will work closely with frontend and design when building these new experiences.
Though we are a remote-first team, we frequently do team on- and off-sites at our hubs in San Francisco and Atlanta, as well as abroad, to stay in touch and whiteboard. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative, global, no politics team with ambitious goals.
- Collaborate with an existing team of engineers onsite and remotely
- Attend onsite working sessions in the Bay Area, CA or other locations in the US every 6 to 8 weeks
- Partner closely with customer support specialists as needed to resolve issues
- Participate in epic, story and requirements definition
- Participate in daily scrums, weekly planning and other Agile/team driven activities
- Build web applications, mobile applications, transactional systems, 3rd party integrations, internal tools, and all other systems required for the operations of the products
You may be a fit for this role if you have experience:
- Building and launching consumer-focused products
- With best practices for product development across various methodologies, including Agile, Kanban and Lean UX
- Working with bitcoin or interfacing with a lightning node
- With e-commerce and/or payments products
We offer a competitive salary, full benefits, a generous time off policy, opportunity for equity, travel opportunities, and other fun perks.