Posted 9 months ago
Atlassian is looking for talented Developers to join one of our Sydney engineering teams (i.e. Jira Server, Jira Cloud, Growth, etc.) Atlassian's engineering team is responsible for shaping the future by helping thousands of teams all around the world get work done.
As a Developer well into your career, we know you're exceptional at what you do, but you're still eager to learn and hone in on skills as a developer... That's why we're placing a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise in one or more tech stacks but still learning and growing. We don't expect you to be an expert, but we'll sure make sure you get on the right path towards becoming one...
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Drive projects independently, from technical design to launch
- Apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Contribute to code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes
- Begin writing useful technical documentation
- Learn and code in Java
- Mentor more junior members
Sound like an exciting opportunity? We think so too... In order to set you up for impact on day one, we'll expect you to have this on your first day:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer science in a related technical field or similar experience
- You will not be required to know a specific programming language, however experience with a prominent language such as Java, Python, C#, C/C++, or Ruby is crucial.
- Deep understanding of data structures, in particular, how they are implemented and how to apply them to solve problems
- Passion for collaborating, tackling hard problems and not being afraid to ask questions
- A real appetite for learning and growing, both as a developer and teammate.
Wait, I don't have Java experience and you still want to interview me?
That's right! At Atlassian, we hire engineers that can demonstrate their ability to learn and keep up with new and emerging technologies. It's true that Atlassian's stack is primarily written in Java and in the role you'll be coding primarily in Java, but we do believe in using the right tools for the job rather than being tied to the tool (e.g. Java). We happen to have a variety of languages within our stack including Kotlin, Python, and Ruby.
For the interview process, we want to see you at your best. This means that during the interview, we want you to code in whatever language you feel you're best at. This will give us a sense of your skills as a developer, which is all we need to make a proper assessment for this role.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.