Posted about 1 year ago
About the Role
We are looking for backend engineers to deal with the challenge of designing and maintaining a fault tolerant system that handles thousands of connected IoT devices and mobile apps at scale.
We're currently hosted on Heroku and AWS, though we are constantly evaluating as we scale.
Our engineering team consists engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Collaborate with other teams to build and support server-side logic and interfaces that power our product and features
- Write backend services and APIs
- Build for scale, availability, performance and security across the stack
- Extend our public API so developers and partners can take advantage of our platform
- Deliver quality software through comprehensive code reviews and automated testing
- Push your team forward onto the latest and greatest, be it engineering practices, libraries, tools or products
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in backend development (Ruby on Rails, Go)
- You have worked with a team of people to build an entire product end-to-end
- You understand relational database systems and schema design
- You have created and supported APIs
- You have experience with how systems work at scale
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Free Spin credits every month
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend