Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Accounting and Finance team is looking for a Business Analyst to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities and new automation ideas, as well as processing improvement initiatives in the accounting processes in alignment with the global accounting strategy. In addition, you’ll work with the operations, accounting, finance, and information technology (IT) teams to guide projects and compile required information. As a Business Finance Analyst, you will also participate in various ad hoc analyses. You should be highly motivated with creative problem-solving and analytical skills, solid knowledge of accounting processes, and the ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and challenging environment.
- Identify automation ideas and opportunities and process improvement initiatives in the accounting processes, including procurement-to-pay (P2P), order-to-cash (OTC), and record-to-report (R2R) processes
- Conduct team meetings with the Global Bid Desk leadership team regarding the P2P, R2R, and O2C processes and brainstorm sessions to come up with new automation ideas in alignment with the global accounting strategy
- Work with various teams towards the completion of automation ideas and process improvements
- Collaborate with the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) IT Finance team to implement the Oracle EBS enhancements
- Take initiative in working with the operations, accounting, finance, and IT teams to guide projects that develop repeatable and scalable processes and system logic for the key performance indicator (KPI) and performance reporting
- Team up with the executives, managers, and senior leaders to compile required information
- Participate in various structured and ad hoc analyses as needed
- Graduate of the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course, or a graduate of the CA Intermediate, ICWAI, or ICWAI Intermediate courses
- Good understanding of the accounting processes including P2P, R2R, and OTC processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship building skills
- Highly organized and data-oriented with solid analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to aggregate complex data in a clear and consistent manner
- Experience defining and implementing various automation initiatives in the accounting processes
- Ability to translate the goals and objectives into performance metrics
- Ability to cooperate with senior leaders at a global level across all regions
- 12+ years of experience working with accounting processes
- Experience with Microsoft Excel-based and PowerPoint modeling
- Experience with the enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Ability to translate complex business logic into functional systems logic
- Ability to communicate complex system and process issues in simple and understandable terms, and to use this knowledge to deliver analyses to support strategic decisions
The following are considered a plus:
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and focused on results
- Solid analytical skills and structured thinking
- Ability to communicate persuasively
- Ready to consistently work extended hours during periods of high demand
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a business-friendly and quality-first manner
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.