Posted about 1 year ago
Chef is building the best Enterprise Automation Stack on the planet. Were writing the rules of the cloud rules the worlds top companies live, breathe and contribute to.
A Business Development Manager at Chef works with key partner relationships spanning technology, consulting, and reseller partners to broaden the Chef ecosystem. In this role, youll work with Microsoft and our mutual partners to drive the business for Chefs offerings. You do this by being great at devising Go-to-market strategies and driving effective co-sell motions between Microsoft and the Chef customer-facing teams.
- Own the execution and influence the strategy for establishing and building effective field level relationships with Microsoft, with an objective to build and drive successful go to market and sales strategies.
- Own the Microsoft co-sell program for the designated region and drive associated customer wins.
- Conceptualize and create great Go-to-market programs that can be executed with and through the Microsoft field.
- Deliver sales enablement to ensure the success of Chef offerings on Azure.
- Drive participation in customer case studies, webinars, and other outbound communications.
- Collaborate with various teams at Chef including marketing, support, sales, consulting, and others as needed to support Chef success through Azure.
- Represent Chef at industry events such as trade shows and meetups.
- 5+ years experience in partner sales or partner marketing for market-leading enterprise software and SaaS companies.
- Proven success at new business development with a particular focus on driving partner relationships resulting in the acquisition of new customer logos and expansion deals.
- Knowledge or familiarity of Azure technology, market and engagement opportunities a plus.
- Prior experience with managing sales/partnerships with Microsoft especially in the US West is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to manage asymmetrical relationships.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and excel in a team-selling environment.
- Travel approx 20% of the time to partners to develop and expand partner relationships.
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.