Posted 4 months ago
We're looking for someone who can help us grow by generating awareness of and engagement with NextRequest’s software. You’ll do initial outreach to prospective customers, gauge interest, set up trial accounts for prospects, and follow up to ensure they have a great first experience with our company. You should be as comfortable picking up the phone to make 50 calls in a day as you are spending a few extra minutes getting a single user completely comfortable using their trial. You will be the first person from NextRequest people talk with and will create the first impression of our product and brand.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves talking with people, can clearly explain how things work, and the value a tool provides. If you want to support a team that helps government be more efficient and transparent at scale this is the job for you!
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- 1 year or more of experience doing business development, sales, fundraising, customer success, or account management
- No problem making calls and engaging with people via phone
- Empathy and persistence (not pushiness)
- Timely follow up
- Great verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A strong work ethic and drive to meet and exceed goals
Extra points if you have:
- Worked with governments and/or technology companies
- Worked in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Have worked under and met quota for a commission-based salary
What you will do:
- Prospect for new customers using phone, email, and CRM
- Set up trial accounts and educate customers on the value NextRequest provides
- Follow up with prospects to encourage engagement and answer questions
- Coordinate with sales reps, marketing, and support teams regarding next steps on accounts as prospects move towards becoming customers
- This is a full-time position located in any of our offices (San Francisco or Durham) or remotely.
This position uses a base salary + commission model.
We’re committed to a workplace that reflects our community. We especially encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA candidates, to apply.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS HERE: airtable.com/shrCEsyHxjGbYBDvd