Posted over 1 year ago
As a software architect for Marketing Engineering at Atlassian, you will join a dynamic marketing organization and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. This Architect will work with a talented team of marketers, designers, and developers to reinvent how enterprise software is marketed and sold. You'll have a seat at the table to drive innovation by coming up with new and creative ideas to address future challenges. In addition, you'll collaborate with other architects to look for opportunities to improve the architecture of Atlassian's marketing technology landscape. The primary focus of your role will be to act as a technical leader to direct the future marketing technology at Atlassian.
This role will benefit from your deep understanding of the latest B2B and B2C marketing technology platforms. To succeed, you'll need real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale solutions in a high growth environment. Being passionate about the customer experience, having the ability to ask the tough questions, and being a natural at working across functional areas are traits that will serve you well along with an ability to communicate ideas with developers, stakeholders and marketers in both written and spoken form.
This will involve setting the technical direction for multiple teams and working on some of the most difficult challenges we face, including:
* Defining data flows and integrations between marketing technology platforms such as advertising, marketing automation, analytics, email, segmentation, and personalization
* Ensuring solutions are compliant and meeting the privacy and security expectations of our customers and shareholders (GDPR, SOC2, SOX, etc.)
* Leading vendor and technology selections by informing and vetting them against functional and non-functional requirements
* Work with marketing, development, and enterprise architecture teams to ensure alignment of vision and deliverables
* Solve challenging cross-functional problems involving multiple platforms
* Stay abreast of both industry and internal trends and assist teams in staying current
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong technical background with deep experience in developing custom software and operating 3rd party platforms
- At least 3 years of experience working with marketing technologies such as Marketing Automation (Pardot / Marketo / Eloqua), ESP (Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Iterable), DMP, CDP (Lyitics, Segment), DSP, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to learn quickly and work independently
- An ability to internalize requirements from a variety of sources and drive agreement and compromise between teams
- You will answer the architectural needs, interface with executive stakeholders, and still be empowered to roll up your sleeves and get into code with our scrum teams.
More about our team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in the power of teams. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about customers and implement various types of experimentation to see whether we're right (or wrong). The bulk of the team is based in San Francisco and Austin, but you'll also be collaborating with teams in Atlassian locations around the world.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.