Posted 8 months ago
As a software architect for Marketing Engineering at Atlassian, you will join a dynamic marketing organization and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. This Architect will work with a talented team of marketers, designers, and developers to reinvent how enterprise software is marketed and sold. You'll have a seat at the table to drive innovation by coming up with new and creative ideas to address future challenges. In addition, you'll collaborate with other architects to look for opportunities to improve the architecture of Atlassian's marketing technology landscape. The primary focus of your role will be to act as a technical leader to direct the future marketing technology at Atlassian.
This role will benefit from your deep understanding of the latest B2B and B2C marketing technology platforms. To succeed, you'll need real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale solutions in a high growth environment. Being passionate about the customer experience, having the ability to ask the tough questions, and being a natural at working across functional areas are traits that will serve you well along with an ability to communicate ideas with developers, stakeholders and marketers in both written and spoken form.
This will involve setting the technical direction for multiple teams and working on some of the most difficult challenges we face, including:
* Defining data flows and integrations between marketing technology platforms such as advertising, marketing automation, analytics, email, segmentation, and personalization
* Ensuring solutions are compliant and meeting the privacy and security expectations of our customers and shareholders (GDPR, SOC2, SOX, etc.)
* Leading vendor and technology selections by informing and vetting them against functional and non-functional requirements
* Work with marketing, development, and enterprise architecture teams to ensure alignment of vision and deliverables
* Solve challenging cross-functional problems involving multiple platforms
* Stay abreast of both industry and internal trends and assist teams in staying current
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong technical background with deep experience in developing custom software and operating 3rd party platforms
- At least 3 years of experience working with marketing technologies such as Marketing Automation (Pardot / Marketo / Eloqua), ESP (Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Iterable), DMP, CDP (Lyitics, Segment), DSP, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to learn quickly and work independently
- An ability to internalize requirements from a variety of sources and drive agreement and compromise between teams
- You will answer the architectural needs, interface with executive stakeholders, and still be empowered to roll up your sleeves and get into code with our scrum teams.