Posted 10 months ago
**As a C# software engineer, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as a maintenance or unit test team.**
Our maintenance team is responsible for bug fixing across our 100+ product portfolio. The maintenance team has an element of product specialization but they are also process specialists. We want to ensure that our engineers have all the right information and toolsets available to be able to quickly reproduce a client’s environment, reproduce a bug, fix it, test it, document the fix and send for review. We have weekly product release cycles so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that we are constantly improving the quality of our products.
Our organization is constantly acquiring new companies and their products. As a result, our unit test team is responsible for increasing unit test code coverage for all newly acquired products. Engineers within this team are expected to have great experience in writing unit tests and will also have daily and weekly targets to work against. The engineer’s role is to increase the unit test coverage and work according to the team's standards and quality guidelines. We measure the quality of work through our First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that the Product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the engineers immediately and without having to ask for a rework.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
* 2+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer in C#
* 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
* 6+ months experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
**Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:**
* Database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
* SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
* Some experience in Linux, Django, REST, Git, and shell scripting
* Good competency in the English language
**Nice to Have:**
* MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
* Demonstrate success as a problem solver
* Be a results-oriented individual
* Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world.