Posted over 1 year ago
Nalpeiron (www.nalpeiron.com) is seeking a motivated technical employee interested in furthering their career in software development and excited to work with the newest technologies in Software Licensing and Software Analytics. This is an opportunity to join a mature but fast growing ISV in a hot market, working with a range of business customers to enable them to get the most from our products and services. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic all-rounder, happy to support customers, administer systems and do development work.
This is a "work from home" opportunity
Job Description and Responsibilities
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team. Your core responsibilities will include:
* Take ownership of simple to complex development projects.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
* Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
* Will work in a fast paced environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
* Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
* Install and support systems used internally by development
* Provide frontline support to our customers via Zendesk
* Responsible for helping to document the software
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field or equivalent work experience. MS or MA preferred.
* Strong C language skills. Compilers, linkers, macros and function pointers don't scare you.
* Familiarity with developing on and administering a Linux system (bash, unix utilities, package management, etc).
* Experience working in a Linux/Unix command line environment.
* Shell scripting (BASH) and basic Unix tools (awk, sed, tail, head, grep, etc).
* Ability to understand and debug build systems (Makefiles, autotools, etc).
* Knowledge of Linux, OS X, Unix, Android and Windows operating system internals and debugging.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networking (proxies, firewalls, etc.), and common web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Services, XML, etc.).
* Ability to work independently while managing multiple task assignments.
* Strong initiative, written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with any of the following technologies a plus:
* Multi-threaded development
* TCP/IP socket programming with proprietary protocols
* Familiarity with Libressl/openssl, apache portable runtime, libxml2, libcurl
* Static and dynamic analysis tools
* Working knowledge of encryption tools and technologies
* Experience with Python
* Subversion or similar version control software
* Experience using Wireshark to evaluate and/or troubleshoot networking issues
* Experience working with KVM-QEMU or VMWare.
* Experience with AWS
This is a full-time position, working from your own home office with a team and meeting regularly, with great career prospects as we grow.
* Hours: Flexible full-time working hours (from home, no commute)
* Compensation: Based on experience plus stock options
* Learning Benefits: We provide an annual stipend to pursue your choice of professional training opportunities, including workshops, classes, books, etc
* Benefits Package: Paid Holidays, Annual and Health Leave, 5-day Work Week
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company's employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.