Posted over 1 year ago
The Channel Manager's primary responsibility is to focus on extending Atlassian's business model through the recruitment and development of a portfolio of consulting, services, and reseller Partners. The Manager will be responsible for growing and shaping partners to build Atlassian mind and market share in the region. Atlassian is growing and we are building out our channel with System Integrator partners. We are looking for an extraordinary individual who understands the channel business, and also understands how to grow and run a region. Recruiting and enabling partners is a large part of the position, as is the ability to drive marketing activities with your partners to increase brand awareness and Atlassian product adoption. This is a contractor role based within the Greater China Region (Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan).
More about you
You are a highly motivated, analytically driven businessperson who views themselves as the CEO of their own region. You focus and drive channel initiatives, but also keep an eye on the business as a whole ensuring that decisions are made with future growth in mind. You have worked with Partners directly and understand their culture and business needs to help motivate and build a successful Partner. Although you have experience in the enterprise space at successful software companies, you dont like the go to market approaches of legacy vendors and want to rewrite the book on how business can be done. Recruit, Enable and Sell is your motto, and partners actually enjoy doing business plans with you. If you have channel marketing or technical pre-sales experience, then you are an even better fit.
Key Results Area:
- Manage partners to deliver the Atlassian Channel business charter - to grow the customer community, to service and support our customers, and be Atlassian's megaphone to the world.
- Create a business plan on how to grow the region to achieve the partner sales targets, including specific goals on channel recruitment
- Highly knowledgeable about the region and the business metrics of relevant markets
- Have a technical understanding of Atlassian products and can present/speak at local community events.
- Understand the partner's businesses, their products and their metrics.
- Manage MDF (marketing development funds) for the region and distribute to partners in order to support Atlassian marketing objectives and activities
- Manage partner pipeline and support customer opportunities when appropriate
- Perform a region gap analysis to identify which partners to recruit
- Be able to help sell into an account where necessary
- Grow license sales through existing partners
- Identify, recruit and enable new partners to deliver the program's goals
- Manage sales and service lead distribution to the most appropriate partner
- Ensure partner engagement on product campaigns and marketing activities
- Understand and develop their partners business and their products, building rapport and value in the working relationship
- Work with the partners on sustaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Be the go-to person for the region
- Minimum 6-8 years work experience with a minimum of 4 years of enterprise software industry business development experience developing customers and partners to use Atlassians tools
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- As you will be our go-to person in China. You will need to be able to present on Atlassians products and solutions at major events in Mandarin
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Successful experience and performance against sales targets
- Experience that demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain relationships effectively
- Ability to profile, identify and recruit system integrator / consulting firms and technology partners worldwide
- Outgoing, self-motivated, organized, creative, respectful, high level of integrity and with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.