Posted about 1 year ago
Mozilla is hiring a Head of Operations for our Emerging Technologies Organization. Emerging Technologies is Mozilla's early Research and Development (R&D) Organization, focused on early stage product discovery and experimentation within the areas of Mixed Reality; Voice Assistants & Speech; Internet of Things (IoT), and other explorations; as well as Developer Tools, Knowledge and Community, including Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) Web Docs.
As the right hand of Mozilla's Chief R&D Officer, you're excited by our mission of building the future of the Internet and the products, technologies, and systems that create it. Your focus is on supporting us in getting there. You get just as much buzz out of building models and frameworks as you do driving execution on projects. You're bright and keep innovation and change moving at a rapid clip wherever you go. You're curious...about everything. You want to know why, and sometimes more important, why not? You want to learn everything there is to know about what makes us successful - and how we could be more so. You are an adept natural communicator and move easily between high level views and details. You thrive in an optimistic, positive team environment where we try to leave each other feeling inspired and energized. Sound like you so far? Keep reading...
- Decision-making support
- Support Chief R&D Officer in:
- Developing conceptual and analytical frameworks and operating models
- Engaging and soliciting input from stakeholders across the organization
- Researching, analyzing and synthesizing information
- Formulating recommendations and driving to timely decisions
- Program Management and Operations
- Support Chief R&D Officer in managing execution by:
- Driving strategic planning and operations, including annual planning, business and project reviews, as well as budget management, organizational engagement, talent planning, and organizational design
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and milestones (e.g. Board Meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews, Strategic Planning, etc.)
- Ensuring continued focus on key priorities at the strategic and operational levels
- Tracking performance and actions plans against KPIs and coordinating with Emerging Technologies Leaders to align OKRs to Mozilla goals and priorities
- Keeps track of staffing requirements, manages hiring new talent as needed to correspond with specific capabilities, skill sets, and the workforce plans of Emerging Technologies
- Identifying execution risks and mitigation plans
- Coordinating and supporting senior leadership team in cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Working with internal and external communications teams
- 10+ years' experience with proven track record as Executive Program Manager, Chief of Staff, or Head of Operations in a fast-paced environment, preferably in R&D/High-Tech
- Consulting mindset and background
- MBA or similar with 3-5 years' experience consulting in the above areas of responsibility
- A solid team player who's also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skill set
- Holistic problem solver
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to create clarity in it
- Highest level of integrity and stellar judgement; Trustworthy, credible and diplomatic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for Mozilla and our mission
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.