Posted about 1 year ago
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
As a Claim Account Executive you will meet face to face with our high-profile “Guaranteed Cost” account customers. This role will involve onsite client visits within Southern California (Bakersfield to San Diego) and Nevada.
The ideal candidate will reside within the assigned region to allow for regular client visits 2-3 times weekly. If you are self-motivated and have a passion for building productive business relationships, this role is a fit for you! The Claim Account Executive (CAE) is responsible for supporting profitable growth and retention of large guaranteed cost accounts. Additionally, the CAE will understand an account's needs while developing and delivering a claim service offering that differentiates The Hartford in the marketplace. Our CAE is an integral member of the Middle Market and Guaranteed Cost Construction sales teams. They will often be asked to present The Hartford’s claim value proposition during new business presentations and negotiation sessions with our business partners. We look to the CAE to support the field claims mission while delivering engaging customer presentations that demonstrate professional diplomacy, articulated messaging and a friendly confidence that drives positive outcomes for our customers.
- Negotiate and coordinate claim services with the account and the agent/broker.
- Act as single point of contact in Claims Sales & Service for accounts and agents/ brokers.
- Provide training to local agents and business partners on new claim products and services.
- Analyze an accounts loss trends & focus on meaningful activities to improve results.
- Resolve Claim issues promptly via engagement with various internal & external partners.
- Schedule & deliver claim file reviews on larger severity claims.
- Support loss cost containment initiatives with assigned accounts.
- Sales and Service support of the assigned regional underwriting offices.
- Engage regularly with assigned Field Claim offices
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Professional insurance designations such as: CPCU, AIC or SCLA are helpful.
- Minimum of 10 years of Property and Casualty claim experience
- Multi-line experience is a plus!
- Strong claims experience with a focus on sales and customer service.
- Able to perform effectively in a team environment.
- Strong conflict management skills in ambiguous situations.
- Solid leadership acumen with prior leadership experience preferred.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships with agents/brokers and senior level executives
- A company car will be provided and a valid driver’s license is required.
This position will work remotely from one’s home residence with travel to the territory. Generally, the assigned customers and prospective accounts have headquarters throughout California and one client in Nevada. Forty-percent travel throughout the assigned territory is anticipated
. A company car, cell phone and wireless laptop are provided, along with other technology in support of a remote work environment. We offer flexible work arrangements and enjoy a business casual work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age