Posted 5 months ago
The Claim Manager for the Disability
& Leave of Absence Jumbo accounts claim team oversees the employees and
other resources in order to achieve Claim Quality, Policyholder Satisfaction,
Employee Engagement, Customer Loyalty, and overall business goals. The
ideal candidate will motivate a team of Leaders to strive for an exceptional
customer claim experience. They will drive quick decision-making thru effective
communication and collaborative leadership. This position will report directly
to the Jumbo Claims AVP.
Promote and encourage an inclusive and diverse work
environment through leadership. Model professional and ethical
leadership, adhering to corporate code of conduct.
- Effectively communicate the business vision, strategy
- Achieve GB Claim business goals and deliver results,
with a clear and thorough understanding of the on top and bottom line
- Develop and recommend improvements; manage and
implement change initiatives.
- Effectively uses data to implement and analyze
appropriate action plans; monitor department results, trends and variances
from target; identify and implement appropriate action plans and
- Manage the investigation, evaluation, and disposition
of GB claims, insuring compliance with corporate claim best practices,
policies and procedures, along with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Create high level of policyholder satisfaction by
monitoring performance of staff, insuring compliance with standards for
timeliness of contact, follow-up, and payments.
- Assure the appropriate use of risk management
- Works collaboratively with CPI to help claims
analysts/absence coordinators achieve quality standards and to achieve
higher levels of quality functional expertise throughout the organization.
- Use technology and other resources to achieve greater
efficiency and better results.
- Interview, select and evaluate staff for proper
placement, productivity and performance. Effectively address and manage
performance that does not meet required standards.
- Coach and provide feedback, while recommending training
and development. Inspire and motivate claim analysts to achieve
optimal performance and skill development. Plan for appropriate
staffing levels and position succession.
- Proactively manage employee relations issues consistent
with The Hartford's policies and procedures and HR assistance.
- Effectively communicate and implement claim recognition
and reward programs.
Perform other related job duties as directed or
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age