Posted about 2 months ago
Client Advocate Center Supervisor
OneDigital is proud of the tight-knit community we’ve built since the day we were founded. We’re picky about the people who work for us, because as much as we are a business, we’re also a family. Even through our rapid growth, we’ve managed to preserve our unique culture. We have a simple philosophy that if you take care of your employees, they will take care of customers and the bottom line takes care of itself.
With a distinctive culture, the best-in-class products and outstanding service, OneDigital has been recognized time and time again for our accomplishments within our industry as well as what we offer within our organization. Are you ready to join an already winning team and help us continue to grow for years to come?
Our Newest Opportunity:
The CAC Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily distribution of work to the team (possibly for a specific region as the team expands). The Supervisor is also considered a CAC Subject Matter Expert, and licensing is required. This person manages the daily workload for both local and remote agents by monitoring, linking and assigning (or reassigning) incoming service requests to meet volume demand balanced with CAC team member availability. The CAC Supervisor may also occasionally execute service requests when volume demands. This person conducts training/onboarding for new hires or team members in need of additional support, and steps in to assist with issues requiring escalation. This position is salaried and exempt from overtime. The person in this role must be willing to work core hours aligned with the region they are assigned. Additionally, this person would be responsible for logging in remotely as needed (evenings and weekends) to ensure workflow is ready for next business day (all unmatched requests linked and all service requests assigned). The Supervisor conducts one-on-one coaching sessions with team members and assists Director with creation of development plans for staff.
- Supervises the daily workflow of the CAC. This includes linking unmatched service requests, assigning incoming service requests, quality monitoring (reviewing calls and audit reports), and providing guidance to team members on prioritizing follow-ups.
- Work with Director to ensure appropriate staffing levels and phone coverage.
- Manage the spread of service tickets and tasks amongst the team.
- Update the team on number of outstanding and past due service requests and follow-ups.
- Diagnose and resolve escalated customer requests and issues received via phone, fax, email, chat and face to face; advise and coach team members of prudent actions to solve problems in accordance with Digital policy and applicable law.
- Support and work closely with the Director to educate team members in areas including but not limited to carrier systems, DI systems/processes, claims/billing processes, HIPAA, HCR/ACA, etc.
- Complete and communicate daily reporting on staff/departmental performance and workload.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in the development of solutions to improve key metrics.
- Review CRM quality audits on team members and provide coaching and training where necessary on gaps identified.
- Conduct telephone quality monitoring on team members and provide coaching and training where necessary on gaps identified.
- Execute on service requests as volume dictates to ensure smooth departmental operations.
- Ensure the protection and security of a consumer’s personal, confidential and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner, according to the standards and requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Maintain Master Carrier contacts and logins.
- Provide input on items for inclusion in Team Manual, and update manual and the regional Teams page accordingly as needed.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones with assigned team members and provide documentation from these meetings to Director and in WorkDay for performance management and bonus payout consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert listening skills and ability to identify customer needs and identify appropriate issue resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, approachable demeanor and a commitment to embody OneDigital’s mission, vision and values.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to improve service levels within the department.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts and communicate with internal and external clients.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task; ability to coach others in these skills.
- Ability to effectively evaluate information to determine compliance with Federal, State and corporate requirements and standards.
- Up-to-date and relevant insurance, HCR and ACA knowledge.
- Requires some after-hours and weekend work (to ensure service requests are processed and distributed to team within stated timeframes; this can be done remotely as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- License required.
- HIPAA certificate required.
- At least 2 years of previous supervisory and leadership experience preferred, with 5 years of industry experience required.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Proven track record in customer service (insurance carrier, broker and/or insurance experience and current license preferred).
- Experience in claims processes, medical terminology and HCR/ACA.
- Bachelors or Associates degree, or 10+ years’ professional experience.
Thank you for your interest in joining the OneDigital team!