Posted 9 months ago
Job DescriptionAbout Toptal
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Client Partner it is required to have experience as a consultant in a large, global consulting firm. As a Client Partner at Toptal, you will help us continue Toptal’s incredible growth and establish us as the premier partner for the world’s leading companies. You will help our clients build amazing teams with Toptal’s elite talent. Toptal only accepts the best - we accept less than 3% of applicants, and we connect organizations to the talent they need with unmatched speed and efficiency. On average, we provide less than two candidates per hire, find candidates in less than 24 hours, and have a 98% success rate. We help organizations build amazing teams, providing everything from key individuals to whole teams - imagine what you could do with such a powerful model.
This is a remote position, however, onsite meetings with clients are required.
Toptal is seeking high performing team members focused on developing strategic relationships, driving differentiated client experiences, and enabling an issue-based consultative approach to generating client impact. The focus will be on industry-leading Enterprise clients based in the Northeast region of the United States. You should have strong relationship management skills, a proven track record in selling professional services, an entrepreneurial spirit, and relevant industry experience. In this role, you will focus on specific clients and have responsibility for the relationship and business development, as well as sales at those designated clients for the wide range of services offered by Toptal.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month you will:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Work with your team lead to identify the right mix of clients for your portfolio.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months you will:
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, stakeholders, and team members in your portfolio.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on your accounts, ensure customer satisfaction, and support the talent working with your customers.
- Connect the world’s best companies with the world’s best talent. You will work collaboratively with clients to help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance experts to drive successful outcomes for their organization.
- Develop account plans for key accounts.
In the first six months you will:
- Build upon your existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute your account plans.
- Begin to expand the scope of engagement at all of your accounts, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of Toptal’s involvement at your accounts.
In the first year you will:
- Have built a portfolio of incredible client accounts with a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and how we connect our clients to the world’s top talent.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in existing accounts, and leverage the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- Have 4+ years of experience working at a large, global Management Consulting firm.
- 4-15 years’ experience as an account relationship and/or business development manager serving Fortune 500 clients.
- Passion for client service and client impact.
- Track record of delivering high-impact solutions and experiences.
- Track record of developing high-impact senior relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the technology industry.
- Success in playing a leading role within a matrixed account team.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully as an individual contributor.
- Poise, executive presence, and outstanding communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is desirable.
- Strong professional services sales management knowledge and experience (preferred but not required).
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.