Posted 3 months ago
We're looking for Cloud Advisor to our global FinOps Unit at Nordcloud.
In this role, you will provide expert guidance on all cloud cost related matters, from governance (business process optimization) to performance (cost efficiency, cost modelling, cost of ownership). You will leverage best practices to design and implement services that provide financial control of our Customers' public cloud environment and provide recommendations on how cloud usage shall be optimized to access all available saving opportunities. You will partner with governance teams in cloud security and infrastructure engineering, both internally (at Nordcloud) and externally (at the Customer) and you will collaborate with hyperscalers to build and maintain strategic relationships.
Your role will be a key driver in the following areas:
- Become an advisor to CxOs in the Customer organization, establish trust and close working relationships.
- Support our Customers in defining their cloud strategy, aligning it with the business goals. Analyze and adjust their FinOps related cloud governance processes accordingly.
- Evangelize the cloud operating model, advise on the procurement process and consumption methods (e.g. contracting, OPEX vs CAPEX).
- Build and maintain cloud usage visibility, providing summaries and detailed usage statistics for resources across the Customer's public clouds.
- Work closely with financial and billing teams on budgets, forecasts, showbacks and chargebacks.
- Provide early intervention advice to consumers of the services: identify opportunities to optimize, offer actionable insights on cost avoidance and cost reduction.
- Assist the Customer with compute savings plans and reserved instance purchase strategies.
- Create operational metrics and introduce KPIs to support and validate recommendations, assist with following up with the necessary stakeholders (e.g. designing and introducing responsibility matrices).
- Lead regular cadence calls to keep stakeholders informed, providing insights on findings and suggested course of action.
- Create and maintain external (Customer) and internal (Nordcloud) documentation on adopted FinOps and cost optimization processes, share best practices and lessons learned.
What do you need to be successful in this role:
- Prior experience in a similar role, ideally with another consultancy company.
- Experience with business process optimization, ability to quantify the monetary impacts of bottlenecks and recommended changes.
- Experience reporting, forecasting, and communicating costs related to technology.
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware).
- AWS and/or Azure certifications.
- Working knowledge of FinOps practices.
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights.
- Stakeholder management, excellent oral and written communication skills, experience presenting at all hierarchical levels.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization and influence leadership.
- A clear understanding of billing and metering for cloud platforms, including the impact of usage patterns on the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Business finance knowledge.
- Ability to work with reduced supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
Learn more about #NordcloudCommunity. Curious about what's behind the idea of setting up Nordcloud? Watch this video!
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services and training. It's a recognised cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organisations leverage the public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings and sustainable value. As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner's Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 500 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.