Posted about 1 year ago
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a few Cloud-Native Java Developers that are fluent in both Java 8 and Spring Boot. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
* At Railroad19, Inc., we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
* When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
* This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
* The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
* Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
* Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
* Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
* Build web applications using Spring Boot
* Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
* Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
* Manage the complete software development life cycle
* Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
* Work with Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration
* Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
* Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
* Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
* Advanced Java development experience
* Hands-on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
* Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
* Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
* Hands-on experience with Oracle, MySQL, ETL
* Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience participating on an agile team
* Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
* Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Working at Railroad19, Inc.
* Competitive salaries and eligibility for a yearly bonus
* Excellent Health Care, Dental and Vision benefits
* 3 weeks vacation, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
* No Agencies***
* This is a non-management position
* This is a full-time position