Posted 10 months ago
The Oracle Digital Prime organization is offering a great opportunity for you to join the new Cloud PaaS Sales Consulting Team based in Tokyo.
Our mission is to provide technical expertise and support for our customers who are starting their Cloud journey on Trials
and 'Pay As You Go'
services. You will connect with customers in Japan remotely/online to take them through their Cloud adoption journey: product demonstrations, workload migration, testing, resolving technical issues and Cloud service activation, etc. If you are technically curious, with a good grasp of Cloud Platform (IaaS & PaaS) knowledge, and enjoy engaging with customers, we have the right opportunity for YOU.
- Be the first point of contact for Oracle IaaS and PaaS Trial users and inbound prospects for 'Pay as You Go' Cloud services.
- Provide technical assistance to prospects who are interested in evaluating Oracle IaaS and PaaS through our Trials program to ensure an excellent Trial experience.
- Understand their evaluation criteria, their current environment, the companies being evaluated and provide a comprehensive comparison of Oracle IaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Support and guide 'Pay as You Go' customers by understanding their existing infrastructure to identify and prioritize areas they can benefit by migrating to Oracle IaaS and PaaS.
- Proactively reach out to prospects and customers to discuss, explain and demonstrate Oracle IaaS and PaaS offerings and benefits.
- Proactively progress Oracle Cloud Trial Users and 'Pay as You Go' prospects to place an order for Cloud services.
- Support Cloud service activation / provisioning and consumption start to ensure customer adoption.
- Work closely with the wider Oracle team to engage the right resources at the right time.
About Oracle Digital Prime
- 3+ years of deep hands-on technical / consulting experience in IT infrastructure software or Cloud Platform (IaaS and PaaS) Technology.
- Technical know-how of Public Cloud Technology and Cloud Solution Design.
- Computing applications or database/tools technical experience. Strong knowledge of system and application design.
- Strong and deep understanding of public cloud technology as it is adopted by IT departments, lines of business and developers.
- Domain Knowledge in Oracle Cloud Platform (IaaS & PaaS) is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with customers in complex technical environments.
- Excellent customer engagement skills: listening, understanding, demonstrating, presenting, and verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- IT BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle Digital Prime is a global Digital Sales Organisation that empowers mid-market businesses around the world to learn, adopt and transform their business to the cloud. We have built Digital Sales Hubs - with cutting edge technology and next-gen facilities - across JAPAC, EMEA and the Americas to meet the growing demand from millions of companies who are looking for their unique cloud transition path. To help our customers transition to cloud quickly and seamlessly, we are hiring and training more than 10,000 cloud professionals globally in the next few years.
Product Website: https://www.oracle.com/cloud/platform.html
Social Media (LinkedIn, Face Book, Instagram & Twitter): #OracleDigital & #ExploreOracle
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Internet Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts. Expert level responsible for formulating and leading presales technical/functional sales support activity for customers, as well as Oracle community development of resources and solutions based on market needs. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 15%
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.