Who we are
Sketch is an award-winning Mac application that helps over one million designers create amazing products everyday. Our distributed team of three Community Managers provide support both online and in-person to hundreds of events all over the world each year.
What we do
In addition to event sponsorships, the Community Team supports our Sketch Ambassadors – a network of 100+ passionate volunteers across the world that organize local design communities. We create resources to ease their workload, provide giveaways to enhance their events, and produce educational content to grow their knowledge of Sketch. We are constantly looking for new ways to help our Ambassadors build an inclusive, sustainable community with Sketch at its center.
What you'll do
You’ll be responsible for engaging with the community of Sketch Ambassadors, both online and offline. You’ll be connecting with Ambassadors online through Slack and email, coordinating support, answering questions and helping solve their pain points.
Offline, you’ll be organizing official Sketch events — finding speakers, promoting meetups and having an awesome time networking and socializing with attendees. It will be your responsibility to foster and build relationships with our user base and find creative ways to engage with diverse communities, and get Sketch in front of them.
You’ll be working closely with our marketing and content team to help shape and drive creative marketing campaigns, source awesome merchandise and recognize sponsorship and partnership opportunities to promote Sketch and our community. You’ll also be responding to demo and training requests, connecting community members with potential customers to offer educational opportunities.
Finally, the role will include contributing to written, recorded and designed resources to help community organizers more effectively plan events.
What we're looking for
This role is right for you if you’re a confident, outgoing and pro-active person who’s excited about coming up with new ideas, and sharing them with new people. The ideal candidate has a background in design and can naturally talk with other designers.
Our team works remotely and communicates mostly using text, so you will need to have excellent communication skills and written English, be self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position.
- Experience working in a community manager role or as a community organizer
- Able to work as part of a close-knit team
- Passionate about the design community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good written and spoken English
- Strong networking skills and the confidence to speak to anybody
- Be available to travel and comfortable representing Sketch in a variety of contexts
- An understanding of Sketch (or other graphic design software)
- Can provide a portfolio of past events you've organized.
- Five years experience working in a community manager role or as a community organizer
- Design and marketing skills
- Experience working with merchandise vendors and printers
- Interest or background in user/market research
- Experience working with Mailchimp
- Experience working with Notion.
- Even if you’re not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.