Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat People (HR) team is looking for a Compensation Consultant to join us in our McLean, VA OR Raleigh, NC location, supporting our Sales and Services team. In this role, you will work in an exciting, fast-paced environment focused on growth where you’ll enable our company to make the right choices in rewarding associates. As part of a global compensation team, you will partner with other members of the Compensation team, HR managers, business partners, and our Talent Acquisition (TA) team in consulting with the business. You’ll work with business leaders and management to address current challenges. As a Compensation Consultant, you’ll be a key person in enabling our growth by consulting and offering feedback on compensation programs that fit into our total rewards philosophy for base salary, short-term and long-term incentive plans, compensation communication and trainings, and compensation technologies and tools.
- Work with the Global Compensation team, HR associates, and key business contacts in a team-based consulting model to solve issues and translate Red Hat’s compensation philosophy into an actionable strategy for Sales and Services
- Serve as a compensation program subject matter expert and a trusted partner to Sales and Services management and HR associates for all compensation-related matters
- In coordination with your global partners, use compensation data along with your industry and practice knowledge
- Proactively identify, monitor, and work with the supported team and your Global Compensation and HR partners to recommend holistic solutions for the supported team
- Develop and implement compensation recommendations for management and other critical roles based on market analysis, talent review, succession planning, and business strategy
- Monitor and analyze competitive compensation data to determine if adjustments are needed to Red Hat’s salary structure, pay practices, or compensation guidelines
- Conduct job evaluations and compensation recommendations for positions at all levels
- Develop special retention or incentive plans based on business need
- Support equity and long-term incentive planning, salary review, sales, and bonus planning processes for Sales and Services associates
- Coach managers and HR associates on recommended distribution of available budget considering associate performance and our position within the market
- 5+ years of compensation consulting and administration experience for a company with global operations involving providing feedback, recommendations, and education for employees at all organizational levels (including the executive level)
- Experience administering compensation programs through global human resource information systems (HRIS); familiarity with Workday is a plus
- Confident and articulate communications skills; equally comfortable speaking and listening with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders (including executives)
- Experience consulting with globally distributed high-tech engineering, product management, sales, and product marketing organizations
- Advanced spreadsheet and data presentation skills, including the ability to apply functions like lookups, date conversion, pivot tables, and mathematical formulas
The following are considered a plus:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, or an analytical field like math, science, or finance
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
- Experience developing and administering sales compensation plans
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.