Posted 9 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Get to know our customers and recommend appropriate solutions to their environments that will create new possibilities for them and help solve their problems. The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Consultant to join us in Canberra, Australia. In this role, you will help explain the benefits of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and associated management, virtualization, and cloud solutions to our customers. You'll gain an understanding of our customers' infrastructures and business needs. As a Consultant, you will work closely with customers on various specific initiatives including architecture, deployment, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and associated cloud and management solutions, including Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and Red Hat CloudForms. You'll need to have excellent technical abilities and solid communication and customer-facing skills.
- Routinely assess, design, and implement Red Hat's core offerings, including Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Serve as a subject matter expert on-site, addressing the technical, developmental, or strategic IT needs
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, testing, and deployment of complex open source solutions
- Adapt to changing customer requirements
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner
- Deliver quality results both on-site and post-engagement that are on time and within the scope of the assigned project, including project journals, status reports, and other standard documentation
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations as needed in addition to completing ongoing team account activities
- 2+ years of experience working with Linux and open source systems in a business environment
- 2+ years of scripting or programming experience
- Knowledge of system management, including installation, custom channels, deploying virtualized systems, basic client-based security, repositories, and creating core builds
- Experience with creation and maintenance of basic RPMs and development and deployment of a core profile
- Automation experience using basic Linux programming in languages like C, Python, Ruby, Perl, or shell; excellent shell scripting abilities in Bash, ksh, csh, Perl, etc.
- Experience with management and deployment of physical and virtual Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) systems
- Experience creating high availability clusters, understanding key issues when implementing cluster solutions for customers, and creating and managing file systems
- Knowledge of a variety of virtualization and cloud technologies, of setting up virtual environments using host and guest, and of migrating from physical to virtual environments
- Understanding of basic LDAP concepts and basic connectivity to Directory Server, Network Information Service (NIS), Active Directory, or other widely used authentication applications and security certificates
- Starting Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification when hired
- Australian government security clearance
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.