Posted 9 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Consulting Services Manager to join us in Seoul, South Korea. In this role, you will work with resource management to staff projects in your region. You’ll assist with negotiating rates, project costs, and terms and conditions of work and contracts, along with other factors related to service delivery. You’ll oversee a successful delivery of all projects under your management from start to finish, including determining the scope details and monitoring the project's progress to ensure that it conforms both to the customer expectations and contractual agreements. As a Consulting Services Manager, you will also be responsible for managing senior and associate consultants, as well as for the general team coordination with architects and project managers within your region. You’ll need to have a good foundation of technical knowledge and an expertise in project and scope management, as you’ll be establishing the technical and non-technical enablement needs for the Consulting team. You’ll also work with the Asia Pacific (APAC) enablement lead to ensure that appropriate training for the Consulting team is available. You’ll be responsible for service sales targets quarterly basis, so you’ll need to actively participate in services business as a service sales leader.
- Handle change management and escalations
- Ensure that the Consulting team is creating quality documentation, including any internal documentation needed for Red Hat’s knowledge sharing
- Create efficient, quality proposals for customers by ensuring that all needs are defined through an analysis of customer environment and expectations
- Develop relationships with key business stakeholders to grow revenue within each account by continually selling and delivering new projects
- Coordinate with the marketing team to lead services, opportunity plans, and campaigns for accounts within your assigned region
- Work with internal stakeholders to gain internal statement of work (SoW) approval and delivery
- Oversee revenue and margin portfolio; use targets for the team and promote achievement of revenue and margin requirements across your region
- Manage GPS business pipeline and try to generate GPS business and achieve quarterly bookings goals cooperating with Sales teams and partner sales teams
- Work with the consulting operations team to ensure that project staffing and profitability requirements are met
- Handle sensitive one-on-one conversations with tact
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Red Hat’s teams
- Serve as a trusted advisor to all Red Hat’s GPS customers
- Bachelor's or master's degree, or equivalent technical training or experience within a consulting practice
- Technical background with experience in architecture and technical consulting
- Service delivery or manager experience in cloud solutions and services area with big enterprise customers
- Proven expertise in sales or supporting the sales of professional services, including development of SoW and large-scale proposals, pricing, and customer development
- Experience in a customer-facing position similar to that of a professional services consultant or engineer
- Knowledge of project management processes and experience with revenue-based project reporting
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills; solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture, application development, and application infrastructure
- Established sustainable network of customer relationships
- Background in direct people management with a technical team, or a proven record of team leadership
- Understanding of Red Hat’s business strategy and economic model; good business insight and judgment
- Proven ability to understand the technical impact of projects, namely their supportability, scalability, and repeatability
- Understanding of the business impact that a delivery and scoping of projects have on both Red Hat and the customers
- Willingness to travel up to 20% or more
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.