Who We Are
DockYard is hiring a Content Marketing Strategist to plan, research, write, edit, and optimize strategic content with a focus on persona-based marketing.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in shaping content strategy and working closely with collaborative Business Development and Marketing departments. At the forefront of new tech, we work with some of the world’s largest brands (i.e., Apple, Netflix) to design and develop ambitious applications for growth and transformation-minded initiatives.
The Content Marketing Manager sits on our Business Development and Marketing team and reports to the Director of Business Development.
What We Do
DockYard is a digital product consultancy partnering with user-centered organizations to craft impactful, inclusive, and reliable digital experiences.
Our collaborative team of experienced product strategists help clients gain a deeper understanding of their users. Armed with those insights, we use future-forward technologies and approaches to design and engineer meaningful experiences for companies and the people they serve.
From ideation to realization, we enable ambitious teams to accelerate lasting product innovation.
About The Role
As a member of the Marketing team, you will play an integral role in shaping our content program with a focus on tailoring content to the right audiences. You will be expected to strategize, develop, review, and optimize all DockYard content that demonstrates our differentiated services and unique value proposition.
The right candidate will be collaborative and comfortable working with teams across all departments to translate complex topics into compelling stories that engage our core audiences. They will be creative and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously to deliver high-quality content. They are adept at managing content programs that leverage a variety of formats to convey the right messages to the right audiences.
- Spearhead DockYard’s marketing-focused content with a focus on lead generation.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives.
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand via a variety of content forms (i.e. web pages, blogs, case studies, infographics, whitepapers).
- Analyze content performance to provide recommendations for future content including experience in SEO.
- Review and edit employee blogs with a focus on grammar, clarity, and adhering to AP Style.
- Manage DockYard’s monthly e-newsletter as well as all social media marketing to grow audiences.
- Support the implementation of imagery associated with content that is shared with the media, including data visualizations and infographics within brand.
- Five to seven years related experience
- Prior service marketing to enterprise-level targets
- Experience with lead-gen content
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, and top social channels
- Experience developing content in diverse formats (i.e. blogs, whitepapers, case studies)
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple stakeholders
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience with B2B technology or a web development company.
- Understanding of the developer space.
- Journalistic mindset.
- Experience supporting outbound marketing campaigns.
How to Apply
Interested in this position? Apply here
and provide a brief description of your background, why you're interested, and a link to your resume if available. As candidates progress, writing samples will be requested in addition to the completion of a brief writing assignment.
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.