Posted 5 months ago
The Content Strategist and Marketing manager role is an opportunity for a sharp writer/editor to help develop and implement the next stage of VAWAAs content marketing and growth strategies.
You will be part of the core team at VAWAA.com (Vacation With An Artist) building the first world school for personal and creative transformation that enables anyone to explore and book apprenticeships with master artists & makers around the world – the fingerprints of humanity and agents of change.
Your work to bring awareness and translate aspirational concepts into simple, actionable, and engaging content will be at the center of the VAWAA experience. It will reach a global community of people driven by passion and purpose across 45+ countries.
You'll be joining an early stage startup team of 3, led by a purpose driven founder, at a major inflection point in the growth of the company with a massive demand for travel as the world opens up. We just raised a small round of funding from amazing investors, won the 2019 prestigious Webby Award for Best in Travel Websites, have 98% 5-star guest ratings and been featured in New York Times, Washington Post, WSJ, Travel & Leisure, Artsy and VICE.
Why this role is unique
- Build A Product: Content is at the center of our product experience. Your work as a content creator, strategist & marketer will be a major part of the product experience. You will work with a cross-functional team to build a revenue-producing product, vs. building content as a side note.
- Inside View of Transformational Experiences - The role is an interesting way to explore the world and learn about different art processes. You will get to learn from master artists, see across multiple cultures, and become a knowledge expert in frontier areas like transformation based experiences, creative wellness, startups, leadership, and growth in a very short period of time.
- VAWAA Network: You will be plugged into VAWAA's global community of master artists/ makers and fascinating people from a variety of creative backgrounds.
What we're looking for
A content editor/strategist/marketer with 3-5 years of editorial, digital brand email marketing experience at a startup or agency, and the following capabilities:
- Editorial Capabilities. Strong editorial skillset and be able to craft a meaningful narrative.
- Subject Matter Understanding. Ability to write about purpose, personal transformation, high-end craftsmanship, creativity and travel.
- Strategic. Ability to develop and lead exceptional strategies using clear, concise, visually appealing, and user-focused content.
- Email Marketing Experience. Experience delivering content through platforms like Mailchimp, customer segmentation and CMS tools.
- Visual Editing. Experience with visual design and visual communication.
- Energetic & Organized. Can shift between multiple work streams and projects while staying organized.
What you'll do
- Build an in-depth understanding of our unique market positioning through keeping a close eye on creative leaders/companies/trends, to then use these findings to develop a forward thinking content strategy that consistently adapts to the company's target goals.
- Design and execute content marketing strategies that represent VAWAA mission, community and company goals.
- Develop an editorial calendar for newsletter, social media, blog.
- Write, curate, and share VAWAA content for newsletter, premium membership offering, social media, blog, external communications & partner initiatives.
- Optimize content for landing pages, sign up flows, email campaigns, booking flows, and viral flows.
- Implement and manage customer segmentation in Mailchimp and Customer.io
- Collect, monitor, and analyze meaningful analytics from all content channels and share back growth metrics to the VAWAA team.
- Ensure all content is differentiated, on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for all distribution channels.
- Ensure all content is SEO friendly
- Work efficiently with the tools we use daily to work: Mailchimp, Customer.io, Slack, Google Documents, Figma, Canva, Keynote, Trello, etc.
What you can expect
- We are here on a mission to lead the way for best experiences in our category. We will grow with urgency, but thoughtfully.
- You will be part of the core team that shapes VAWAAs future.
- We have a strong culture of curiosity, creative thinking, ALWAYS learning and being our best self. It allows us to deliver excellence and dedication.
- Our founder has a heart forward, purpose-driven leadership style. We make everyone feel loved, welcome and safe.
- We take ownership at all levels by leading with truth, optimism, tenacity & courage. We do not make excuses.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Working at VAWAA means one VAWAA experience every year - on us, plus swag.
- Salary range based on experience and circumstances is 60K-70K and stock options. For candidates with significant experience, we can discuss additional equity compensation.
We are based in New York, but open to remote applications from within the US.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, VAWAA will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.