Posted 5 months ago
We’re a team of funny, smart, passionate, engineering maniacs who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to many open source projects and as a team, we’re a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating and improving powerful open-source tools used for building modern enterprise web applications.
Working closely with a project manager, a designer, and developers, we’re looking for someone who can support the analysis, documentation, and management of business requirements throughout the project lifecycle and ensure that requirements are fully understood by the technical team before solutions are designed and implemented.
What you can expect to do
- Manage requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, designers, QA analysts, and internal/external customers
- Elicit, analyze, prioritize, articulate and document business requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria via approved processes
- Manage requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability
- Synthesize complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language
- Assist with product backlog maintenance and grooming
- Collaborate with UX and development teams
- Participate in agile cadences such as scrum standup meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review and retrospective meetings
- Ensure that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the project lifecycle
We are looking for someone who has:
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and agile development processes
- Proven experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, and process flows in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements; and validating design documentation and solutions to ensure business requirements are met
- Strong business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce articulate requirements and documentation
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management, and internal/external customers
- Attention to detail, including the ability to follow written and verbal directions and error-free written communication
- Managed multiple projects, priorities, tasks and coordinated various channels of communication at the same time
- Ability to facilitate meetings while asking questions, soliciting feedback, and presenting and capturing notes/requirements in various software applications/tools
- Be proactive and take initiative with little or vague directions at times, with the desire to solve problems and be resourceful in seeking answers
- Experience with the development of web and mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or similar
- 1+ years in a business analyst role for a software development project
- Various industry experience with healthcare, HIPAA, jails/prisons, and fintech is a plus
- Proficient in JIRA and Confluence, experience with Figma is a plus
Where you will work
You’ll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
This is a six-month contract position with the opportunity to extend.
Location: US Locations Only