Posted about 1 year ago
EMEA Communications is a small but mighty team of nine people working every day to build brand awareness and brand love for Salesforce in Europe, Middle East and Africa. We operate an EMEA Hub structure, based in London, with comms leads in Paris, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and Milan. Our day-to-day is media management, public relations strategy as well as integrated communications with our marketing, government affairs and internal comms colleagues. This is a fast paced sector and we’re a new team, forming as we go and working in one of the most dynamic areas of technology. We want more people to know and love our company - and we want to give them reasons to do so.
We require a senior communications specialist to promote brand awareness and protect the reputation of Salesforce across Nordics and Benelux. The role touches all external audiences including customers, media, stakeholders and partners, helping the business confidently to tell its story.
Reporting to the Growth and Emerging Markets Corporate Communications leader, the successful candidate will help to drive new communication activities and support ongoing programs to raise awareness of Salesforce in the Nordics and in Benelux.
The position requires an ability to multitask and own/drive numerous projects at a time, with a strong sense of ownership and personal engagement in the execution. Creativity, a sense of humor and a hearty appetite for career growth are a must.
* Create the strategy for Salesforce Corp Comms programming in the Nordics and in Benelux from thought leadership through to product launches - you’ll own and drive it all to success!
* Own and drive the Salesforce narrative in the regions
* Manage the local PR agency teams and own and drive key media relationships at publications across the regions
* Manage spokesperson training for local spokespeople and provide on-going support to our leaders who speak for the company. Oversee the profile building of our country leaders.
* Support day-to-day press enquiries to ensure the smooth running of the press office
* Project-manage and drive key events including executive press tours, roundtables, high-level press and speaking events, and product launches in the markets.
* Work cross-functionally with key departments, marketing, government affairs, analyst relations, internal communications and Salesforce.org to build campaigns and stories that are unique to the local market.
* Develop and edit content including press releases, customer stories and blog posts
* Provide impeccable communications counsel to senior executives and spokespeople across the region. Work cross-functionally with key departments, marketing, government affairs, analyst relations, internal communications and Salesforce.org as required.
* All budgeting and reporting as required
Required Skills & Experience:
* Substiantial experience in in-house and agency public relations experience
* Established direct relationships across the business, technology and marketing media
* Exposure to managing key stakeholder relationships
* Excellent communication, written organization and project management skills
* Impeccable critical thinking and no ego - we are a dynamic team and everyone pitches in to get the job done
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking, re-prioritizing projects and communicating priority updates to business partners
* Positive, flexible attitude and a sense of humor are second nature
* BA / BS in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
* Language skills - Fluency in English and an advanced level in Dutch or Swedish is required
Preferred Skills & Experience
* Blend of agency and corporate in-house mix preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for \"family\") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.