Corporate Travel Consultant
Boston- MA-US, Charlotte- NC-US, Chattanooga- TN-US, Chicago- IL-US, Cleveland- OH-US, Dallas- TX-US, Dublin- OH-US, Jacksonville- FL-US, Kansas City- MO-US, Memphis- TN-US, Miami- FL-US, Nashville- TN-US, New York- NY-US, Orlando- FL-US, Peachtree City- GA-US, Raleigh- NC-US, Southfield- MI-US, St. Louis- MO-US, St. Petersburg- FL-US, US-Virtual- US, Pittsburgh- PA-US, Philadelphia- PA-US
Area of Interest: Travel Operations
Requisition Number: NOAM-19955
Location: Atlanta- GA-US
- Where will your career take you?
- We’re not just any travel management company.
- We help clients travel smart and achieve more.
WORK FROM HOME POSITION AND WEEKENDS OFF
The Corporate Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
The travel consultant is the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
This position demonstrates a strong understanding and applicability of all areas of responsibility. Works independently on requests. Provides assistance to team members as requested.
This position supports (1) one client.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
Sabre GDS skills required; the shift for this position is TBD between 8am – 8pm ET.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently chooses the correct BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Understands and accurately applies client travel policy and requirements to each interaction
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Understands and accurately applies travel supplier rules
- Maintains current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Supports BCD Travel and client driven initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the travel industry; strong international skills a must.
- Solid working knowledge of the travel industry, policies, procedures and processes
- Knowledgeable of travel industry systems, including Sabre GDS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in designated languages
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- Degree in tourism-related field
- Strong problem solving and/or critical thinking skills